E46 330ci questions!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chelsea F.C

Club Guest
Dear All,Hello I am newbie here. I have few questions to ask if you guys here don't mind to answer.I can't afford to pay RM300k for just 320i even though I like the car very much and actually I am just interested in 325i and above. I have a lot of alternatives for RM330k and I will never pay that much for a 3 Series unless it is M3. I am now thinking to get the 330ci, the one advertise in the Motortrader. The car comes with 19 inches AC rim, M3 bodykit, M3 side Mirror, V Kool Tining, Sunroof, Sound System etc. 1. Anyone knows the history of that car?2. What to aware of buying an used 330ci? Any common problems of this particular model such as gearbox and engine problems? What to check when inspecting the car? Any reliable and reputed workshops that you guys can recommend to carry out the inspection?3. What spec is this 2001 330ci? with Vanos or Valvetronic? Does it have DSC?4. What is the maintenance cost like for this model?5. I am sure the car will look a little outdated if park slongside an E90 but I bet there will be many E90 on the road for the first 2 or 3 years, just like the current E60.6. The owner is asking RM240k so what is the ideal price for this 330ci? 7. What is the depreciation like for this 330ci lets say the market price in 2007 or 2008?Many Thanks!!!!

the car u were referring has been advertised in motor trader for a month i guess...the car looks superb from the picture...but i suspect something is wrong..cos with all the specs..it should have been snap up long ago..a year 2001 model comes with double vanos, with asc i guess..the normal service is he same with other six potters..just that it is harder to get 2nd hand parts...where is the car located??maybe if i am free i can go with u. pm me if u want to know more kay??cheers!!

RM240k is still negotiable. The car is located in OUG Old Klang Road. The car is still for sale due to its high price I guess? :D Any workshops that can carry out an inspection?

240k i guess is normal for a year 2001 model...saw a year 2004 330ci in the star ads going for 438k today..ridiculous...u can go to heritage for inspection if the dealer allows..heritage is located near old klang road...dunno the full address but it is near npe highway!!

How much is the inspection works cost usually? What do they check? Engine? Gearbox? suspension and brakes? Heard that Heritage is very well known for their neck-potong price.....car goes in for service but ended up 5 digit invoice etc... :ph34r:

Would 220k consider a good deal? :nyehehe:

Hi Chelsea,

If you're interested, I was at the BMW event at souled out and there is an Auto Bavaria registered 330i sedan for sale at a very good rate. Think they were offering RM330k and should be further negotiable.

The car has got 4,000km on it and is currently registered as a AB car but I think it still is a good deal for a relatively new car, if you are into it... and provided nobody took the offer over the weekend

cheers,

/peteyoong

Top Bottom