E46 328ci UK Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer_man

Club Guest
Hi all Guru's & Sifu's,Need some racuning la....... :D But not too extreme....Sometime in March, I advertised to sell my car (see picture below), and upgrade to a M3, but had no takers. Some offers were just too low for me to accept. Now i have decided to keep & maintain it. I'm not into/an expert in technical and mechanical type of person. But car caring person and know basic stuff.What i like in my car: 1.) better acceleration/pick up power, 2.) better braking system & 3.) good road handling - for the timebeing. ;) If you had this car, what would/will you do to get performance from it. Where and how much will it cost? Just would like to get some suggestions from the forumers. Some info on the car: auto, 2.8cc, 24k km, model 01, UK spec - very standard.I have seen adzlin's car and another e46 328ci (black, Jap spec) - which i can't remember who's it is, - very nice body work. But not too sure whats under the hood and what kinda performance it has.Would appreciate some suggestions and advise from all.

1. Supercharger

2. Brembos

3. Adjustable suspension, poly bushes, roll bars, strut braces front and rear, good tyres, camber plates (front), adjustable rear camber arms.

That should do it!

Keep the exterior standard, and you'll have a sleeper!

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 22 2006, 05:27 PM
1. Supercharger

2. Brembos

3. Adjustable suspension, poly bushes, roll bars, strut braces front and rear, good tyres, camber plates (front), adjustable rear camber arms.

That should do it!

Keep the exterior standard, and you'll have a sleeper!
Thanks Necessary....

Lot of info on the road handling. Brembo - i do agree. Supercharger - need to look into this matter. Would i hv to have bigger exhaust?

I like the idea - "sleeper" on the road.

Thanks again....

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 22 2006, 07:37 PM
A "bigger" exhaust is not a "must". Install it if you like the looks and the sound.
i prefer the one's i hv now. cool "sleeper"......

Manual - true. but let me start on the brake then suspension and then super charger.

Maybe if there's $$$$, then a manual gear box but in KL .... hmmm....

Cheers!

Actually, brakes are also pretty much for show unless you track the car. Cos big brakes only give you added heat capacity, not stopping power.

Most important is the tyres; go for Michelin Pilot Sport 2s, pretty much the best you can get, and they should be quite affordable if you stick to your 17" rims.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 23 2006, 01:04 PM
Actually, brakes are also pretty much for show unless you track the car. Cos big brakes only give you added heat capacity, not stopping power.

Most important is the tyres; go for Michelin Pilot Sport 2s, pretty much the best you can get, and they should be quite affordable if you stick to your 17" rims.
Necc, how much per tyre?

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 23 2006, 03:12 PM
Ummm... go ask at your favourite tyre shop?
:D very good answer. :D

you shud get good tyres for that kind of car B)

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 23 2006, 01:04 PM

i'm currently on Pirelli Dragon 225/45/17. Just got them few months ago. Ok for now.....

before you look further, those items mentioned do not have low sticker prices.

just be aware, ok?

If ur car is still running on M52..??

I would go for better brakes,Ejos...Manual giabok ,LSD and good tyres.. but No Supercharger.!!! If you wanna go faster, then get the M!

psst.... Pirelli Dragon you got...so so nia, better go for P Zero . Ask me how I know??

Originally posted by Zoggee@Apr 23 2006, 04:14 PM
If ur car is still running on M52..??

I would go for better brakes,Ejos...Manual giabok ,LSD and good tyres.. but No Supercharger.!!! If you wanna go faster, then get the M!

psst.... Pirelli Dragon you got...so so nia, better go for P Zero . Ask me how I know??
hi zoggee,

wats "ejos" and "lsd"? not too sure what is it? sorry....

Since yours a M52, this might helps

1) Conversion to M50 Intake Manifold
2) Big Bore Throttle Body + AFR Adjuster
3) Fuel Regulator
4) Better Air Filter
5) Piggy's

With great power, comes great commitment B)

Originally posted by bmwsideways@Apr 26 2006, 08:54 PM
Since yours a M52, this might helps

1) Conversion to M50 Intake Manifold
2) Big Bore Throttle Body + AFR Adjuster
3) Fuel Regulator
4) Better Air Filter
5) Piggy's

With great power, comes great commitment B)
Engine is M52TU.

thanks for ur advise. need to look out for a pro-mech to do it. and it all depends on costing. my mech is OK, flexible on payment terms, as i've been with him since late 80's....

Top Bottom