E46 328 gear D mode shows S D?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jibong

Club Guest
SIfus,Had this problem for almost a week. At first, when engaged to D mode, the gearing display blinking 'S D' for a while and then only 'D'. After a few days, whenever shift to D, the display show S D. The gear shift harder, maybe because its in Sport Mode. Pushed the stick to the left, it still shows S D. Put it back to the right, still shows S D. Tiptronic mode works fine. I want my smooth shift again. Please helppp..

i got the same problem since early this year..tried change gb oil, gearbox position switch,update gearbox software,change new exhaust and few things but still not solve my problem. Recently my new mechanic said it could be transmission ECU are going to kaput,but the thing is so expensive here in malaysia..An used one would cost rm1800-2200..so i ask my mechanic to take out current transmission ecu and write down part no,survey in ebay and found one with preatty reasonable price...got the item already but still dont have time to fix it...will let you know the result.

1 month before this thing happened i swap the interior ECU (because central locking caput)... does it got anything to do with it? Hakim..pls update me with ur finding..it would be really appreciated...

jibong;558110 said:
1 month before this thing happened i swap the interior ECU (because central locking caput)... does it got anything to do with it? Hakim..pls update me with ur finding..it would be really appreciated...

I think the one u changed is GM5 module. Is it new or 2nd hand?
I think Hakim oso change used one rite? Try to check out wt diagnostic tools.

jibong;558110 said:

Gearbox Module and Central Locking are different module.

check the Gear Position Switch first. It could be worn out or may need adjustment.

jibong;558110 said:

Oh that one is GM5 module that control ur central locking system..no, it does not do anything with sport problem. GM5 module sit in dashbord.

My problem are solved. Just change gearbox ECU and sattle. No S mode appear until now. Get it from ebay so its way much cheaper. An used set here will cost rm1.8k.

No need to change Gear Position Switch..i have changed mine for rm500 for nothing...if theres no any symbol (D/R/P/S/M) in ur odometre then thats are position switch kaput.

Top Bottom