E46 325i. 5K maintenance per year enuff?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ezy

Club Guest
Hi Guys!I really like e46 compared to e90. though the car is abit old model, but it look nice to me.Instead of of buying new civic/altis cost about 110k+. A well maintained e46 is much better option. :top:On average, to keep the car in good stock condition, investment is a must to pamper it. For return, we get rewarded with Ultimate Driving Machine.Hope to get advice about it. :wink:

When it come to BMW all the K's also wont be enough. But at the end of day you will enjoy your ride and will never turn back ....

Set aside 500-1k per month for maintenance. Another 500 for mods. That should be good enough to keep the car tip top.

terry8;843007 said:
RM 5 K definitely not enough. Safer with RM 10k

10k just for maintenance, wear and tears.

close to 1k per mth. Hmm...Fun never come cheap. lol

BiMmEr78;843009 said:
When it come to BMW all the K's also wont be enough. But at the end of day you will enjoy your ride and will never turn back ....

Hi Bimmer78, guess you have invested a lot in your ride. cheers!

1k a month is about right. Set aside only though, you might not need it one month, then a couple months down the road, you'll need 2 months worth.
Not to scare you, just go in with the correct expectations ... it is, after all, a used car.

wingzee;843010 said:
Set aside 500-1k per month for maintenance. Another 500 for mods. That should be good enough to keep the car tip top.

Hi wingzee,
then i need to save 1.5k per mth. to save cost, i can ask mech friend to buy parts from s'pore.
325i m-sport is my target ride. huhuhu....

ghostrider;843017 said:
1k a month is about right. Set aside only though, you might not need it one month, then a couple months down the road, you'll need 2 months worth.
Not to scare you, just go in with the correct expectations ... it is, after all, a used car.

Right. I need to be mentally prepared (bank account standy ready). lol

5k is certainly not enuff if you've just bought a 325i which is leaking at every hose, gasket & absorber. ask for recent service history.

Unless u really found a good maintain E46, otherwise I think ur 1st bill of wear and tear and prevention maintenance will more than 10k.... Items consists all bushing and suspension, all items of cooling system involved , some engine sensors, if u unlucky, then auto gearbox will be d next bill...... The key to avoid it just simple 1. If possible, buy from direct owner 2. Bring a experience and good mechanic to inspect the car b4 commit. ......

Thanks for the input. I agreed is important to let BMW mech to inspect. A well maintained car need time to search.

ezy;843132 said:
Thanks for the input. I agreed is important to let BMW mech to inspect. A well maintained car need time to search.

Do PM me if you are seriously looking for one. Friend one a decent one to let go. Low miller and nice registration plate.

Probably why I'm still enjoying my E30 318is, low maintenance, pump-petrol-and-go and occasional hooligan on the road... :p

fabianyee;843302 said:
Probably why I'm still enjoying my E30 318is, low maintenance, pump-petrol-and-go and occasional hooligan on the road... :p

lol...u must be having lot of fun with E30.
as for myself, manual E46 should be nice....is time to change.

Top Bottom