E46 318i vaccum pump, brake servo and air cond problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pantyhoesthief

Club Guest
So i was enjoying my ride on daily use until i came across this page http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?46738-E46-N42B20-Vaccum-Pump and it seems mine having brake hard at times so i decided to stop using it until i have time to replace the parts. just wondering if the brake servo and vacuum pump kong can be repaired? or must be replaced? if can be repaired, any workshop does it? dont mind paying for it, if can be repaired. And another problem came out when i start the car ytd, air cond no more cold only hot. can it be the sensor or the cooling coil kaput d? This is my weekend ride but still its parked in front my house for 4 - 5 weeks without moving , so anyone can suggest cheaper ways to solve the problems thank you in advancethanks

if its hard breaking or more effort to stop the car and the pedal is spongy then its either theres air in the system, old brake fluid or the brake servo(black round thing) has gone kaput. The vacuum pump does not need replacement, you can just get your mech to take it out and replace the 2 seals (1 big and 1 small) for fraction of the price.

Its only a mechanical device with no spring whatsoever so need not replacing. Brand new vacuum pump costs at least 1k..both seals only RM13 ;)

Hope this helps.

If it's only the o-ring then the cost might be RM13 (w/o labour) but the leak could be from the vacuum pump internal gasket as it is made from 2 parts (almost identical each sides).

ok, thanks for the fast reply guys.

zeedo, thx for the pm, juz wondering if the leak from the internal gasket then what happens? have to change it?
another thing, brake servo/booster can be repaired?

my mechanic suggest change both the things haha (they want to make more money)

plus anyone know the aircond how? before the air cond kaput i did hear hissing sound from engine bay, quite loud then one day hot air only . hope its not cooling coil i refuse to let human remove my dashboard.

The internal gasket only RM5 if I remembered correctly, if you refer to my posting on VP DIY, its simple enough..the only hard part is squeezing the rear of the engine to get the 3 bolts off...

zeedo;764175 said:
If it's only the o-ring then the cost might be RM13 (w/o labour) but the leak could be from the vacuum pump internal gasket as it is made from 2 parts (almost identical each sides).

you can refer to my posting for the DIY....or from e46 fanatics website. Any probs you can buzz me ;)

pantyhoesthief;764198 said:
i hv so much time , maybe i will diy. can save alot of money

Top Bottom