Air cond problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
solo;665676 said:
Mine is also the same. After much research I think the heater unit has been removed in our bimmers that's why it's cold air all the way. This can only be confirmed if you or I remove our dashboards to check.

Salut

as for m43 the heater unit which control n distribute d hot air is within d engine bay behind d engine itself. my mech already took it out n did a bypass. no more hot air come in. even at 32 degrees at lowest fan speed its pretty damn cold day n night..:)

mael_WEK;665958 said:
as for m43 the heater unit which control n distribute d hot air is within d engine bay behind d engine itself. my mech already took it out n did a bypass. no more hot air come in. even at 32 degrees at lowest fan speed its pretty damn cold day n night..:)

I stand corrected. I always thought the heater unit was in the dashboard.

Salut

ravenclaws87;666302 said:
My aircond will become hot when its raining.. what do u think guys?

hhmmm.... this is new to me.... anyone out there knows why?

solo;666392 said:
I stand corrected. I always thought the heater unit was in the dashboard.

Salut

I think M54 is controlled by a heater valve, which basically lets in the hot water from the radiator. Some forums have noted this "hot air" problem, which they conclude comes from the heater valve malfunctioning and letting the hot water go in when not required. So the bypass is basically to ensure this doesn't happen anymore. Flipside is you cannot get hot air anymore, which is not an issue in our climate

Hi..need help from senior..my center a/c not cold but on my left and right side too cold..this because the gas tool low and need charge?
last one,during i using A/C on auto mode, suddenly below steering A/C become hot for my feet why? when using A/C manual mode no hot?

merz_e46;672392 said:
Hi..need help from senior..my center a/c not cold but on my left and right side too cold..this because the gas tool low and need charge?
last one,during i using A/C on auto mode, suddenly below steering A/C become hot for my feet why? when using A/C manual mode no hot?

Might be heater valve. But if you want to try, just take it to any workshop to pump in some gas. Should cost you only about RM50-70. If after that still hot, then you know you have other problems. Or take it to your regular mech for a check-up. He won't charge you anything just to diagnose the problem. If it's low gas, he'll just pump in for you.

guys..i got query.
is it normal to the a/c cooling coil condition when water dropped like pee underneath the car when engine is running?
if it is normal, will it reduce the cold of the a/c?

wat is d function of button with 2 circles with A inside the left circle. Shud i press it ON ?

I got the same problem, passenger side cold while driver side hot.
Hissing sound coming from air vents, which indicate low of gas.
Topped up the gas, only last for 1 week. Water dripping on my feet, guess due to coil leaking.

Send to the mechanic, checked all the lines at the engine bay without any leak, so confirm the leak was from the dash.
Finally changed teh cooling coil, and valve.
Aircond back to normal.

merz_e46;672392 said:

Or, you probably already know this but no harm checking these 2 things:
1. Is the temperature set to normal or high (i.e. 29, 30 deg)?
2. In between the centre aircond vents, is the setting at the 3 blue dots or red dots?

where did you do your cooling coil change ? i think RM600 for cooling coil and RM1200 for the total of whole work is cheap :). I did mine this year also .. but RM800 for the cooling coil :)

Petrus;665883 said:
for KK, lots of the a/c shops around kolombong claims they can service our bmw a/c. They will even show u photos of them dismantling the dashboard of the e46. At the end of the day, i decided to just stick with my regular mechanic :)

Bro mind pointing where?? and cost?

masterbimmersjb001;672560 said:
guys..i got query.
is it normal to the a/c cooling coil condition when water dropped like pee underneath the car when engine is running?
if it is normal, will it reduce the cold of the a/c?

wat is d function of button with 2 circles with A inside the left circle. Shud i press it ON ?

the one with the A inside is Auto... means sometimes the vent will open when needed and close when needed.
The other one is to be permanently close...

this info is thanks to Jarance when i asked previously

I just change water valve @ RM330.....problem solved

alxy;664813 said:
Hi bros,

I noticed that my driver side air cond vent is not that cold especially on hot days. Not exactly blowing out hot air, but not cold either. Takes a while before it eventually blows cool. However, the passenger side is OK. Any idea what problem it could be?

Thanks!

Why can't we have it here or is there a shop selling this sort of DIY gas can... Simple DIY and probably cheaper too

acrecharge4.jpg

reference: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=762295

hi all..nice info here.been reading from 1st page.
would like to ask,how to differentiate AC problem either it is from compressor or coiling coil?

thanks!

parc;695397 said:
hi all..nice info here.been reading from 1st page.
would like to ask,how to differentiate AC problem either it is from compressor or coiling coil?

thanks!

cooling coil nie masalahnya leaking saje. kalau tak leak then ok. kalau dia leak then normally boleh nampak pada coil. cuma nak inspec cooling coil nie payah coz they are hidden inside the dashboard. kalau boleh visually see senang nak identify.

Usually if compressor rosak, then yr a/c wont even work coz it could not start the refrigeration cycle (also known as vapor compression refrigeration cycle theoretically).

As mentioned by bro guyfriendx, the common prob with condenser cooling coil is just leaking. One of the symptom of leaking coil is despite how u top up the refrigerant, it will only last u a ceertain period of time. But then again, if there is a leak in the hose / pipe carrying refrigerant, then refrigerant level will also decreasd.

As you mentioned, if your refrigerant level decreased, then u migt have a leak somewhere. And it is best u get the system checked before doing any a/c servicing since if the coil is really leaking, then u will have to fork out extra aroun rm1.2-1.4k to change coils, filter drier and expansion valve.

Top Bottom