E39 Skid Plate Cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
I would like to custom make the skid plate cover (#19 in the diagram) by alu material. PMed fabianyee and he said able to do as long as he get the dimension. Since mine already lost, who can let him to draw the dimension? Then may be we can start a group buy as i know most of the car lost the cover (don't know why workshop keen to 'keep' the cover?).Air duct - BMW parts catalog

the worst part is those mechanic doesn't realise the importance of the cover and never bother to put it back. They never heard of fluid dynamics

Jacked my car up ydy, no sign of that plate. Either it's lost or the mech forgot to put it back. The good news is, the 1st day i jacked the car up (inspection before purchasing), there wasn't any skid plate there. That's how i NEVER knew i should be having one :D

How did you know that our car have that trim in the first place? Have you seen it on your car previously?

Reason I asked is because some stuff like that is an optional item, such as the M aerodynamics kit.

Sifus,

Maybe we can order from ebay or somewhere and use it as sample to fabricate locally. I am willing to chip in for the purchase.
Regards,

Few months ago while installing my new anti-roll bar, I did observe mine without this cover and thought it was missing. I called Bavarian Auto and gave them my VIN number. They told me CKD unit did not come with this cover.

This is the stuff item 19 description from bmwfans :

Part name : Underfloor coating
Part no : 51 71 8 195 646

Only with automatic transmission
In some cases this part must be Modified to fit vehicle.
For vehicles with: Automatic gearbox Eh = Yes

I am not sure but i can see some screw hole are hanging there. If the cover is not included then why the hole are there?

I snap the picture for u next time i jack up my car.

Pardon my ignorance, is this the one?

128455d1299868490t-aluminum-underpanel-skid-plate-m5-needed-vancouver-portland-area-2011-03-11_10-15-41_330.jpg

Taken from M5board.com

seewai;636453 said:
Pardon my ignorance, is this the one?

128455d1299868490t-aluminum-underpanel-skid-plate-m5-needed-vancouver-portland-area-2011-03-11_10-15-41_330.jpg

Taken from M5board.com

Yes!

Looks like yours is alu material. You custom made or previous owner?

bmw7833;636454 said:
Yes!

Looks like yours is alu material. You custom made or previous owner?

Brader, it's taken from an M5, not my ride lah. I don't see this piece on my ride after countless times being jacked up.

Aiyah..i thought that is your car!

Actually i got the idea from oversea forum which they custom made the plate. They had the group buy too.

Top Bottom