E39 Rear Left Light Display

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gshanmg

Club Guest
Sifus,Please advise what's wrong with the car.Was on my way to Genting yesterday and suddenly there was an indication of the left rear light on the display. Stopped the car and thought the brake light on the rear side was gone but it was working fine.What does this mean?BTW my front angel light rims don;t work ready. Can I just change one side alone or need to change on both sides? Roughly how much yeah....?Thanks.

lights

gshanmg;216369 said:
Sifus,

Please advise what's wrong with the car.

Was on my way to Genting yesterday and suddenly there was an indication of the left rear light on the display. Stopped the car and thought the brake light on the rear side was gone but it was working fine.
What does this mean?

BTW my front angel light rims don;t work ready. Can I just change one side alone or need to change on both sides? Roughly how much yeah....?

Thanks.

Dude

I got the exact same problem with my 5 too. But did not go to Genting lah.

Just left it alone and ignore the fault....... That is my only recommendation.

had the same problem... check all ur rear light socket... and make sure u check ur 3rd brake light too... i resolve my problem by changing the 3rd brake light bulb and straighten the connection(kaki) inside the socket...

Must be some connection something wrong there..Better drive to workshop ask mechanic have a look..

Buds,

Thanks for all your advices. At the moment am ignoring the sign but end of this week am going to bring it to the mech for a check.

Many E39s that modified existing rear lights to new LED set with white indicators may have forgotten to include the lights module set. This is a small box set which costs about RM600 and is mounted in the space below the spare tyre. The new lights need to be wired thru this to regulate voltage. If not you'll risk burning out the rear LED lights and in some cases cause the fault light to come on. Both happened to my car. After installing this module, prob solved. (info courtesy of Inner Power)

tc@torpedo;217067 said:
Many E39s that modified existing rear lights to new LED set with white indicators may have forgotten to include the lights module set. This is a small box set which costs about RM600 and is mounted in the space below the spare tyre. The new lights need to be wired thru this to regulate voltage. If not you'll risk burning out the rear LED lights and in some cases cause the fault light to come on. Both happened to my car. After installing this module, prob solved. (info courtesy of Inner Power)

:eek: :eek: RM600..not cheap ler..even the rear lamp cost only RM1800..Plus the module set, so reach RM2400 :eek: :eek: .

Totally agree it's expensive. But no choice la. Burning out your LEDs and having to replace the entire rear light will be more costly. That's the crappy part about this mod. But inevitable if you want the looks and don't want the long term headache.

gshanmg;216369 said:
Sifus,

Please advise what's wrong with the car.

Was on my way to Genting yesterday and suddenly there was an indication of the left rear light on the display. Stopped the car and thought the brake light on the rear side was gone but it was working fine.
What does this mean?

BTW my front angel light rims don;t work ready. Can I just change one side alone or need to change on both sides? Roughly how much yeah....?

Thanks.

bro check ur 3rd brake light...i got this problem b4 n i changed the new bulb then everything ok alr...easy to replace it...

wang;217426 said:
bro check ur 3rd brake light...i got this problem b4 n i changed the new bulb then everything ok alr...easy to replace it...
Bro

I have checked the 3rd brake light. it is working fine.
So it can be either the module set as what tc@torpedo said or some loose socket conn. Hope it is just the socket conn.
yet to bring it over to the mech been busy lately.
Once repaired I will post the details.

Thanks again for the advices mates.

Top Bottom