E39 New Owner

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemerCraze

Club Guest
Hi all,I have just signed up as a new member. Got a E39 (00/04) UK spec 2 weeks ago. Indeed my dream come true cos I always wanted to own a ultimate driving machine:top: So far so good ... except the radio/CD player stopped functioning last Sunday. Completely black out and no lights at all. I went back to the Used Car dealer and was told probably the IC has kaput and needs to change. But the accessory shop has to check thoroughly first. Of course the guy gave me the contact in Old Kelang Road.Just wanna check if anyone has similar problem and appreciate some advice. Thanks.

don't know if it's common to all models but mine does the same ever once on a while.it's the issue with the ignition switch.if the radio blanks out,the following happens :

1. the brake lights come on
2. the MF steering wheel don't work
3. the power windows don't work

whenever this happens i just jiggle the key in it's slot and give a few light knocks on the steering column at the other 'end' of the key.
the issue is with the contact module,which i have yet to replace....

Thank you for welcoming me into the club .... Azam318 and Mizhan

Thank you Moots for responding. The radio is still blank out but I do not have any of the 3 problems you had. So looks like mine does not have any issue with the ignition switch.

Top Bottom