E38 cannot unlock due to battery failure

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kelvinp

Club Guest
Hi guys,My bro's e38 730iL can't unlock the doors due to a dead battery. I believe there is a way to unlock it, some kind of technic or code used by turning the key multiple times in different directions.Anyone knows or can help on the method?Very much appreciated.

Hey bro,

this sort of thing happened to the my 7 back in the day when it was still my dads car. I think this\ is what you are looking for to unlock the car, its for the E34 i dont know if the same thing applies for the E38. If im not mistaken this is what the mechanic did to unlock the door and access the engine compartment to jump start the car so they could access the nearly dead battery in the boot. If this doesnt work then ring up this work shop M1 in Segambut and they should be able to help you out..... Good luck

You can access from the booth. Open the booth and remove the booth light unit. From there you can connect to a good battery. After that you can use your remote or key to open the door.

Let us know if this works.

Originally posted by Vincent Hor@May 31 2006, 09:43 AM
You can access from the booth. Open the booth and remove the booth light unit. From there you can connect to a good battery. After that you can use your remote or key to open the door.

Let us know if this works.
Vinc,

i dont think that idea is going to work because the boot is powered electrically its got the same "soft close" feature found on the merc s-class doors. There is no manual release like the ones found on the older 7er, and 5er. A buzzing noise can be heard everytime you open or close the boot and this is some sort of motor being powered up to lock/unlock or release on the boot.... ;) but its worth trying

if all fails i think he should try "open sesame"... :D

Originally posted by cosmosblack@May 31 2006, 01:04 AM
Hey bro,

this sort of thing happened to the my 7 back in the day when it was still my dads car. I think this\ is what you are looking for to unlock the car, its for the E34 i dont know if the same thing applies for the E38. If im not mistaken this is what the mechanic did to unlock the door and access the engine compartment to jump start the car so they could access the nearly dead battery in the boot. If this doesnt work then ring up this work shop M1 in Segambut and they should be able to help you out..... Good luck
THis method works for both my e32 and e34... i don't know in newer 7...

Guys, thanks for the input. Will try out what cosmos suggested, but thats for e34 so i hope it'll work.

The boot cannot be unlocked as well. So there is no way im getting to the boot light unit.

Thanks.

If you are trying the method suggested by cosmo, try the passenger door side if the option on the drivers door don't work.

The reason I am suggesting this is because the cars are originally manufactured LHD.

btw,may i know how the problem solve...if it does help ur bro it might help others ...thanks

Yes problem solved, but with a BMW mech present to do the trick.

Use a brick? :yahoo: :eek:k:

hey.....erzazie had the same problem 2day at 1-utama...

he got it sorted out by doing the key in the drivers door and hold up the handle method...

i had to call my mechanic to ask him wht to do...

well i hope ur bros prob is rectified...all the best and keep us updated...

rgds,
-brad-

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

Top Bottom