E36 tires- can 245 tires fit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

330Ci

What is the biggest tire size that can fit an E36 on a 17"rims. Front and rear Can it fit 245 ? Anyone can shed some light ?

330Ci said:
What is the biggest tire size that can fit an E36 on a 17"rims. Front and rear

Can it fit 245 ?

Anyone can shed some light ?

its depend of ur rim size.........offset as well......

My wheel setup are 7.5J and 8.5J.
Im using 225/47/17 for the front & 245/40/17 for the rear.
So, it is possible to fit tyres as wide as 245 on a e36 ;)

the fronts can also take a 245 on 8.5j, but it will rub a little.

mctnesh said:

What is the offset the rims? coz i plan to use japan rim. need to find correct offset
thanks

mctnesh said:

Can I assume 7.5j and 8.5j are staggered rims? I'm not very well versed in that arena. If so, you could be correct. What about 8j ET 40 rims all around? i.e. not staggered, same at all four corners. Could 245s fit it the rear without problems?

Been toying with the idea of fitting 225/45/17 up front and 245/40/17 at the rear using 8J ET40 rims. Or 235/40/17 all round? Opinions anyone?

7.5 & 8.5 are staggered.
245's can fit in the rear, but if you sit 3 guys in the back on a lowered car, it will rub the sidewall a little.
Yes, 8j's can take 225 or a 245. I would go with 225 all around, as u will be able to rotate the tires. Tire wear on the rears are usually not even, and it gets worst if your car has been lowered.
Best thing to do is to just go to a good tire guy and see what they say. I personally like the Michelin shop on old klang road.

Slide said:
7.5 & 8.5 are staggered.
245's can fit in the rear, but if you sit 3 guys in the back on a lowered car, it will rub the sidewall a little.
Yes, 8j's can take 225 or a 245. I would go with 225 all around, as u will be able to rotate the tires. Tire wear on the rears are usually not even, and it gets worst if your car has been lowered.
Best thing to do is to just go to a good tire guy and see what they say. I personally like the Michelin shop on old klang road.

Thanks for the info. The car is supported by Bilstein Blacks and Eibach Pro Kits. Currently running 225 all round. You think 245 will rub with load at the back, eh? How about rolling the insides of the rear fenders? Yeah, I do agree running the same size tires all round will make rotating easier. Now wondering if it's worth running 245 at the back!

The Michelin shop - is it Kee Hin or something like that? Anyone in particular I should look for?

Rolling the arches will be done to my car when i do my respray. Hopefully that will help. The 245's look way better of course. Same size as Dinan does on it's e36 m3's. Yup, its Kee Hin. Look for any of the brothers, Poh or Ming.

Slide said:
Rolling the arches will be done to my car when i do my respray. Hopefully that will help. The 245's look way better of course. Same size as Dinan does on it's e36 m3's. Yup, its Kee Hin. Look for any of the brothers, Poh or Ming.

Thanks dude. Will drop by there one of these days. Your name carry any weight there?:D

Top Bottom