E36 M43 - what hose is this?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Russie

Club Guest
Picture152.jpg
Dear all, Any idea what hose is this? My engine is a M43B18. Today I noticed there's stain (either oil/ coolant). Perhaps the steel clamp has worn out? Just wonder if this is a serious matter? Need some input please, thanks

Russie, when was the last time that you have replace the rubber hose?

Normally it would be advisable to replace all the 6 nos of hose every 5 or 6 years.

A sign to replace the hose is when you are have to add water to the radiator every week.

One way of checking your water hose is to press the hose and feel whether it is still spoongy. If it feel hard and you hear some cracking sound, then it time to replace the hose.

Your problem could be also cause by a loose hose clip. Just tighten it and see whether there is anymore water stain after a week.

quest associated

world of warcraft gold Don't miss those.Here are some tips that we hope will give you a better experience in Alterac Valley. Buy world of warcraft gold, This is a very involved Battleground and it can take time to learn how everything worksDon't miss those.Here are some tips that we hope will give you a better experience in Alterac Valley. Buy world of warcraft gold, This is a very involved Battleground and it can take time to learn how everything works

jarance;354629 said:
Russie, when was the last time that you have replace the rubber hose?

Normally it would be advisable to replace all the 6 nos of hose every 5 or 6 years.

A sign to replace the hose is when you are have to add water to the radiator every week.

One way of checking your water hose is to press the hose and feel whether it is still spoongy. If it feel hard and you hear some cracking sound, then it time to replace the hose.

Your problem could be also cause by a loose hose clip. Just tighten it and see whether there is anymore water stain after a week.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jarance, I have not changed those 6 nos of hose since I got the car in Feb 2007. Not sure when was the last time these items were changed by the previous owner. I think I will get my mechanic to change all necessary items in weeks to come (just for prevention) when I send my car in for servicing.

Will update you guys again :) thanks

just to share, quite some time back my hose putus (radiator to the engine) and two weeks later another hose at the back putus. when i asked my spare part supplier, he shared that the the hose at the front and back go hand in hand.ie. if one cracks n koyak, so too will the other. in other words, kalau satu rosak have to also change the 'partner' at the same time. same rule also applies for the left and right hoses. if only he had told me this earlier it would have saved me alot of inconvenience! what can i say lah...he forgot!!!

by the way, my sparepart reference is kem of first division.

Top Bottom