E36 328iA Steering Rack Matter.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennycheun

Club Guest
There have been leaking from my steering rack recently.:( When i fill up the power steering fluid tank, it will be drained empty about a weeks time.When i send over to the workshop to check it up, they are saying the steering rack is leaking. Therefore, it requires to change the steering rack, quoted with recond about RM2300 and all the hoses as well bout RM250.Is this reasonable? any better solution to this matter?Is there any repair kit instead of changing to a new one? By the way, what is the address to both MSpeed and Heritage workshop?Need to call them up for second opinion.Any recommendation on a particular workshop that is good at this matter?

bro there's a repair steering kit avail.is it leaking from steering joint or from wheel joint?

I am not sure which part of the rack is leaking...
because i did not look at the rack itself...
not good at technical stuffs...
means i should check where is the leaking part and then only check whether it have any repair kit for it...

I paid RM600 from SG for a second unit and has been fine since, tht was 3-4 yrs ago, back then was quoted RM1700 for a recond unit locally, let me know if u need the no to source for a second unit if keen, will pass the no?

Top Bottom