E36 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
if in stock condition,1jz gte vvti is better than normal 1jz,but if u want to modified,normal 1jz is a choice because alot of performance part. mine is e36 with 1jz gte vvti in a manual tranny,so difficult to find performance parts. now,i only change to microtech system,big turbo garret gt 3082,and hks header. so difficult to find racing cam for 1jz gte vvti.

picture.php

Phone number

seech;415350 said:
the workshop is located around jalan 222. As you come from the federal hwy on to 222, keep going straight until you see the 'mini' roundabout. Keep going straight (12 o'clock), pass the mosque and mamak 'shack' on the right. Follow the road left around the playground and keep going straight until t-junction. Turn left and immediately turn right. There's a row of workshops and he's is the 3rd or 4th one. Probably won't miss it as there are all sorts of stuff being converted to 1j, 2j or rb.

Workshop is called lai fatt. Look for ah loy. Cost probably not the cheapest in town, better you talk to him directly. All i can say is that there are many cars which were transplanted in other workshops which were sent to him to settle the wiring when the other guys cannot complete the job. He appeared on nst's cars bikes and trucks some time back also. For engine transplants he's the man.... Nice guy too.

Pm me if you need his number.

bro do u have this guys number ... Thanks bro ...

:top: nice ride
can endose 1JZ to e36 318.
some say can not, better if convert to RB20.

jon_fnd;496445 said:
:top: nice ride
can endose 1JZ to e36 318.
some say can not, better if convert to RB20.

same prob wth me..is it psble..?..smbdy plz!!!....coz im crazy wth 1j engine..

brando;497574 said:

'Anything' is possible... Malaysia Boleh mah.

Technically you are only supposed to increase engine capacity by 30% max. 'Technically'.

Good luck. :top:

1jz is something that is going to make you stick to your driver's seat. 2jz is another engine, that one should bend your driver's seat backwards. Will see how once i get my 2jz installed.

kgb;497978 said:
1jz is something that is going to make you stick to your driver's seat. 2jz is another engine, that one should bend your driver's seat backwards. Will see how once i get my 2jz installed.

brando;497574 said:

salam
i think safe way apply to putrajaya 1st lah. 1jz ada susah sikit lah. but RB20 no problem. someone any idea or maybe have kaki at JPJ. :listen:

For european car 1.8 to 2.5 is possible if the runner knows what to do. Mine is a E36 318i convert to 2.5 !jz. No hassle. Just pay and wait. Some even swap M///.

Cheers :rock:

bmyotaE36jz;512354 said:
For european car 1.8 to 2.5 is possible if the runner knows what to do. Mine is a E36 318i convert to 2.5 !jz. No hassle. Just pay and wait. Some even swap M///.

Sounds there is a hope heh2..thnks man..seems like ur runner quite strong ooo..where to find him..?

bmyotaE36jz;512354 said:

Malaysia boleh mah. Can drop in a 2JZ and pay 2 liter road tax only also.... :rock:

brando;512684 said:
Sounds there is a hope heh2..thnks man..seems like ur runner quite strong ooo..where to find him..?

Most of them hang around JPJ to look for sales or most of the mechanic who did the conversion will know what to do. OR, swap in a 1.3 rotary turbo. Pay less but gain more horse power.

hi all bro n sifu here...am new here....
lately been thinking n looking 4 a e36 coupe n would luv 2 convert it to 1jz vvti...
my question is after da conversion lets say frm a gd mech...
can it be a daily ride n work horse?
i hav doubt coz its still a rojak work rite i mean da wiring thing...
i scared da car will mati tengah jalan....
but i realli lov da coupe+1jz..pls help i'm dying need advice bro...pls help

jet3;562511 said:
lately been thinking n looking 4 a e36 coupe n would luv 2 convert it to 1jz vvti...

Hi bro.

If your mech knows what to do, I dont think there is any major problem. Depends on luck i think. Been going to Genting, Melaka, PD, Lumut without any problem. But bro, most sifus here doesn't agree to convert it to Japs engine. If you have extra cash, go for the M54 or S52 la. :top:

there are many reputable mechs out there who can help you on this.......driven a 1jz vvti in e36 coupe.....the result is not bad.......pretty good....i'd say.......:wink:

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29622&page=35

jet3;562511 said:

i'm driving my E34 1jz daily and 1 week probably spend about 1 full tank - 450-500km city driving pj-kl-klang. so far the engine serve me like normal car only...

jet3;562511 said:

tkk;568382 said:
i'm driving my E34 1jz daily and 1 week probably spend about 1 full tank - 450-500km city driving pj-kl-klang. so far the engine serve me like normal car only...

Me too. I would say much more reliable than the ori engine...... sssshhhhh.... Nanti kena ban.......

seech;568405 said:
Me too. I would say much more reliable than the ori engine...... sssshhhhh.... Nanti kena ban.......

we are sharing the experience that from M50 to 1jz... since the original engine is old we need more $$$ to maintain ori... instead i just spend 1 big $$$ with new Head that serve me since 3 years no issue at all.

now, only spend RM95 Shell Semi-Sync + oil filter RM23 + labor RM10 every 5KM service..

Top Bottom