E34 with SR20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lempeng7

Club Guest
Dear All Sifu,I'm really appreciate if someone can give some ideas, or advise about my questions below.I plan to have my dreams car e34 soon but I try to collect any information about this car first so that I can do some comparison.Questions:1) What was the Fuel Consumption for M20B25?2) Is it possible or worth if I convert the engine to SR20DET from nissan silvia?3) How about endorsement to JPJ? Hard to get the approval or not?4) Did after the conversion, it will cause a lot of problem?5) Any experience sharing about conversion to SR20DET, is highly appreciate.Thank you.Lempeng....

lempeng7;302032 said:
Dear All Sifu,

I'm really appreciate if someone can give some ideas, or advise about my questions below.
I plan to have my dreams car e34 soon but I try to collect any information about this car first so that I can do some comparison.

Questions:
1) What was the Fuel Consumption for M20B25?
2) Is it possible or worth if I convert the engine to SR20DET from nissan silvia?
3) How about endorsement to JPJ? Hard to get the approval or not?
4) Did after the conversion, it will cause a lot of problem?
5) Any experience sharing about conversion to SR20DET, is highly appreciate.

Thank you.

Lempeng....

im no sifu but here it is...

1) What was the Fuel Consumption for M20B25? - dont know (dont have one)
2) Is it possible or worth if I convert the engine to SR20DET from nissan silvia? - Yes. but why bother putting a 4 potter into e34? should go for six...
3) How about endorsement to JPJ? Hard to get the approval or not? - Sure can get approval. dont worry
4) Did after the conversion, it will cause a lot of problem? - maybe no maybe a lot... from wiring to mounting to ride performance...
5) Any experience sharing about conversion to SR20DET, is highly appreciate. - no SR20 but hear about 1jz and rbs... huhuh~

lempeng7;302032 said:
Dear All Sifu,

I'm really appreciate if someone can give some ideas, or advise about my questions below.
I plan to have my dreams car e34 soon but I try to collect any information about this car first so that I can do some comparison.

Questions:
2) Is it possible or worth if I convert the engine to SR20DET from nissan silvia?

Thank you.

Lempeng....

Bro, if you're going to change to another type of engine I recommend the 1JZ. SR20DET a bit small and not enough HP. Price almost same also. RB not so good as engine not as smooth as 1JZ and fuel consumption for RB20/25 also terrible. 1JZ better choice.

how much the cost for 1JZ engine?
and how much for the RB20/25 engine??

lempeng7;302032 said:
Dear All Sifu,

Questions:

Thank you.

Lempeng....

Hi bro,E34 supporter,here ,my friend had one E34 fully convert to 1JZ ,Dyno only 245 hp on wheel,JPJ approved ,are you interested to view,and this car decide to let go.

how about the modify the mounting work for 1jz? is still using BMW bracket and mounting if install to 1jz to e34?

Hi Blackowling,

Great... but can JPJ or Puspokom approval for this kind of conversion? i'm also searching alot of Thailand website has done e34 with 1jz or 2jz... suprise with this conversion.

Also i'm hearing there are numbers of E34 on the road already in KL and Seremban....

what do you think with this conversion for our E34 body?

i tot different engine make now they dun allow to register? or izit paying a runner lots for this?

yeah man Bkk fellas all maximum gila one....

My brothers already done with this conversion e36 325 to 1jz. My first time driving test experience is so interested. Can smell rubber at 2nd gears. My big brothers e32 730 with 2jz with a lot of mods better than 1jz. As old timer said no pain no game n to me, more money more power. Of course both of them are good, but me e39 with 2jzvvti will coming on end of this weeks.

sr20??!! ermm why dont you consider about honda's F20C, i guess you might be the 1st who put this engine on E34, since japanese already put it into E36(2doors), tawainese already put it into E21(3 series which older than E30). And your car surely will appear in most of the malaysia car mag....

ABYHR;364622 said:
My brothers already done with this conversion e36 325 to 1jz. My first time driving test experience is so interested. Can smell rubber at 2nd gears. My big brothers e32 730 with 2jz with a lot of mods better than 1jz. As old timer said no pain no game n to me, more money more power. Of course both of them are good, but me e39 with 2jzvvti will coming on end of this weeks.

auto ?? how's the wiring?? phew E39 with 2j.... it's sweet!!!:top::love:

Hi BlackH,

can you PM me the location for the workshop has done 1jz? i'm really interested on dumping in to my car...

at first i'm thinking of V8 4.0 but after thinking of the roadtax then decided not. anyway, i'm still doing research whether can the local workshop done a good job for 1jz in E34

Cross-manufacturer conversion can be registered, but heard can't transfer ownership...

I know of one workshop in Puchong perdana with various experience with BMW (E32 and E34) and Merc (first gen C Class) converted with 1JZ and RB25DET... And the engine bay looks standard..

Took these photos last time
DSC00870.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

All auto. 1jz and 2jz wiring do not have any problem. only L/100km meter does not work. My Bimmer is stll in progress. I will let u know went i take it out from w/shop

tkk, just go to mun lee puchong. they will setup all for u.for 2j cost about rm8 complete with installation. Another w/shop is at Pandan Indah

Hi ABYHR,

so are you converting your Beemer to 1jz or 2jz now?

how much is mun lee charge for 1jz conversion?

Thanks,

Top Bottom