e34 vs others

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kapow

Club Guest
i need convincing la...budget 55K, is e34 still the UDM compare to accord, camry, cefiro, perdana for that price range... in terms of comfort and maintenancepls be nice :)

brudder....you ask in bimmer forum of crs lar i will say the e34 better....... :D

accord-comfortable but not a bimmer
camry-spacious but not a bimmer
cefiro-ugly and still not a bimmer
perdana.....puhlease.....not a bimmer and never will be one.not even close

buy buy buy....buy the e34.....

If you get the last batch of e34 produced, the bimmer is still more advanced in certain ways compared to the latest Jap cars. M50 engines have utilized digital motor electronics (DME) and also individual coils for each cylinder. It also has vanos which is similar to VVTI. And ITS A BMW :lol:

Originally posted by moots@Jan 4 2005, 05:59 AM
brudder....you ask in bimmer forum of crs lar i will say the e34 better....... :D

Here's how I would sum it up.....

accord - front wheel drive
camry - front wheel drive
cefiro - front wheel drive
perdana - front wheel drive

The E34 is a great RWD platform for cheap!!!!!

Unless of course you can afford an Altezza and that could be a nice Bimmer alternative. If you decide to get a E34 make sure it's 2.5. Otherwise you'll have yourself a fantastic chassis without soul.

But if you can't afford a 2.5, then get a Mazda Miata! Small engine but small car! Great RWD chassis and so much fun!!!

are you comparing car from the same year e.g. 1995 E34 v 1995 Honda Accord? If you are, I believe the BMW is better value for money. One, a brand new Honda Accord 2.0 in 1995 is I think around RM150k, compared to around RM200k for a 520i. Two, in general, you would feel that the E34 is as solid as it left the factory in 1995, whereas the Honda would feels its age.

Go for 525 year 95 above wit Vanos engine n big grill + bornet. U can't compared Bimmer wit Japanese car. In term of technology n performance,Bimmer for sure better! Bare in ur mine,the toyota latest technology is VVTI which bimmer oledi has 10 years ago. When u at highway, u will feel the diff! Maintainace wise,there lot of Kedai Potong. Most important is to get the a car wit good service history,sent the car for inspection at the workshop. i got mine a month ago,just spend

kapow,

Go drive all the cars on your list and then you tell us which car should get your money.

At the end of the day, your money should buy you happiness and the rest are fairly decent rides, with excepetion to the PERDANA ok? Buy the car which you think will serve you and your budget best.

Originally posted by moots@Jan 3 2005, 04:59 PM

Well said bro moots!

Further thots:

camry/cifero = oh mannn, have u seen these cars lately?....horribel looking cars....if u can just buy the engine...maybe....but what are u gonna do with just an engine anyway?

perdana = looks wise ok-lah....but kinda common and no where near the e34 in terms of build quality etc etc....

accord = if its the new one...maybe....but they are kinda anaonymous looking arent they?....very inoffensive aka BORRIIIINGGG......unless u get the R spec versions but that would be off budget wouldnt it?

Comfort?...e34 with stock wheels/tires...pretty good I think....with big rims/tires u can run comfort tires e.g. turanzas, avs db's even yoko cdrive...u get your cake and eat it too :)

Maintanance? I dun think u get much change from the cars that r in yr list dude....they are all not 'economy' type cars if u know what I mean....

And this is what I heard from my neighbour who has drives a new 2.0 CAMRY... that my 10 year-old babe still drives better than his new CAMRY (except for the creaks and groans coming from the doors). I rest my case. :D

At the end of the day, you are the one who pays for the car and go buy the one that suits you most. Different people have different views and the more you listen, the harder to make a choice. :D

wah, never expected so many replies... thanks gentlemen

definately helpful in my decision making process

buy, buy, buy....

then mod the car like:
1. fix 18"rims
2. upgrade brakes
3. upgrade engine
4. open filter
5. superchip it
6. lower the car
7. upgrade the springs
8. upgrade the asorbers
9. re-do the whole exhaust
10. lower the final drive ratio- good for drag sprint at PNDC
11.add AC body kit
12. redo the seats
13. redo the door trims
14. add SPL sound systems
15. add M3 cams
16. rebore trottle body
17. change injectors to mustangs type
18. change the exhaust manifold.

please add...

hehehe...racun,racun

1. fix 18"rims
2. upgrade brakes
3. upgrade engine
4. open filter
5. superchip it
6. lower the car
7. upgrade the springs
8. upgrade the asorbers
11.add AC body kit
12. redo the seats
13. redo the door trims
15. add M3 cams
16. rebore trottle body
19. paint the car
20. put crystal lite
21. HID
22. Then sell the car ...... after that regret ...

Originally posted by pussy@Jan 4 2005, 06:10 PM
buy, buy, buy....

then mod the car like:
1. fix 18"rims
2. upgrade brakes
3. upgrade engine
4. open filter
5. superchip it
6. lower the car
7. upgrade the springs
8. upgrade the asorbers
11.add AC body kit
12. redo the seats
13. redo the door trims
15. add M3 cams
16. rebore trottle body

please add...

hehehe...racun,racun

Aiyo yo....Too much to add la.....
If you sum up all, you can get a new UDM!!!

hehehe....... :D

Small little and personal experience...............

I used Camry 2.2 1994 before (i think now worth RM 40K), good and comfortable, but is too ugly and old, then i got my Accord 1997, 2.2 (still keeping it now biggrin.gif ) (worth 60K now). Overall Accord is ok... But when aging, it start giving me some minor minor funny stuff like idling problem (which cannot solve at all, have to clean it every services). But overall I still keep the car becoz maintenance is super cheap (Cheaper than Camry, Cefiro, Perdana) and quite reliable (ori condition but can go 200KM/H), more over, it is more powerful compare to Camry and Cefiro.

Then i bought another Cefiro 2001, 2.0 V6, ugly but super comfortable, bad performance. Then i replace it with 525 90( can't afford more than this), again also old and minor minor issues, but decent drive. .......

Perdana 95-97 (non V6)?? forget about it... Probably this is the worst choice.

Top Bottom