E34 or E39 - Pros and Cons of the 5series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
HI all Gurus here. i have questions, i m crazy about the E34 classic sporty looks. and looking for one for my daily ride. Does yr 92 E34, (fully improted) fit with M5 Rims, good condition. price tag is Rm35k, Does it worth buying ?
thanks a lot.

kckui9;294087 said:
HI all Gurus here. i have questions, i m crazy about the E34 classic sporty looks. and looking for one for my daily ride. Does yr 92 E34, (fully improted) fit with M5 Rims, good condition. price tag is Rm35k, Does it worth buying ?
thanks a lot.

M5 Rims" original or replica?? Briefly it should be able to fit into E34, but as said some replica these days repro M5 design for 3 series, 7 series blah blah.... To be sure, simply chk and ask the offset spec, coz normally for 5 series it should be somewhere 20ish size compared to 3 series which is around 38.

E34 VS E39 = ......of course E39la, because i've driven and owned previously both cars. Personally if have budget, E39 is worthless buying machine. So many reasons captioned by other forrummers, so i reserve mine. Agreed, must find M54 engine Double V, you will be charmed by the moving pleasure. BUT 'classic' is not and will never be for E39. Shapes line, subtle joint detail and seemless compared to E34. E39 is 'everlasting shapes' and yet masculine.
Never regret & Miss both of them..definately. :top:

RAMOURA;294443 said:
M5 Rims" original or replica?? Briefly it should be able to fit into E34, but as said some replica these days repro M5 design for 3 series, 7 series blah blah.... To be sure, simply chk and ask the offset spec, coz normally for 5 series it should be somewhere 20ish size compared to 3 series which is around 38.

E34 VS E39 = ......of course E39la, because i've driven and owned previously both cars. Personally if have budget, E39 is worthless buying machine. So many reasons captioned by other forrummers, so i reserve mine. Agreed, must find M54 engine Double V, you will be charmed by the moving pleasure. BUT 'classic' is not and will never be for E39. Shapes line, subtle joint detail and seemless compared to E34. E39 is 'everlasting shapes' and yet masculine.
Never regret & Miss both of them..definately. :top:

Thanks for your feedbak, may i know what is the "offset spec"?

and for 2nd paragraf, u are refrring E34 is worthless to buy, not E39 right?

kckui9;294458 said:
Thanks for your feedbak, may i know what is the "offset spec"?

and for 2nd paragraf, u are refrring E34 is worthless to buy, not E39 right?

kckui9,

E39 is sweet, beautiful, modern engine and with its comfort for the best of your $$$ spend for a BMW. Where as E34 is just priced around Produa Kancil...but offer you the BMW experience.

geoffreylee;294510 said:
kckui9,

E39 is sweet, beautiful, modern engine and with its comfort for the best of your $$$ spend for a BMW. Where as E34 is just priced around Produa Kancil...but offer you the BMW experience.

yr 98, E39, 520I, RM70k, is the price good to buy?

kckui9;294537 said:
thanks bro, but the road tax for the 528i is just too burdening. :)

Buy 523 as the price is in the range of 60-70K 1998/99 and roadtax is about RM800... the power is much sweeter then the 2.0 ya

Are You Cantonese?? Cause In Hong Kong, Most Of The Ppl Wont Buy 528i, They Prefer 530i, Know Why??

bmw7833;295704 said:
Sure la..80K for which year car?? Year 2001?? Very cheap ler..

Need to confirm the year of make, i also found seems too cheap :stupid:

I saw a few Tip Top condition 523 (1998/9) at Cheras for price around RM73K to RM85K.. Check it out as price is still negotiable.

geoffreylee;296370 said:
I saw a few Tip Top condition 523 (1998/9) at Cheras for price around RM73K to RM85K.. Check it out as price is still negotiable.

Geoffreylee,

whichever 5er u are getting, remember to fetch me for a ride ok? :)

if getting E39, i think is best to get the yr 2000/01 onwards with M54 engine. Compatible enginer with E60, i suppose. :)

e34 vs e39

had both but I have to go for the e34, best bang for the buck. once you get to fix your e34 (assuming you are getting a good conditioned one), just maintain and treat it well, it can last you for a long time! unlike with my e39, it had all sorts of minor (electrical) problems to make it unpleasant to use. more expensive to maintain. looks nice though.

Top Bottom