E34 or E39 - Pros and Cons of the 5series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
since driving a e34 this few months... am thinking to get e39 1997 523i and the owner want to let go about 53k only. better looking and interior & exterior is look more cooler than the E34.

E39? More Driving Pleasure Compare To E34.....Better Cornering~~~ Just Too Bad It Is Steptronic Not Manual, Othwerwise More Fun To Drive~~~

My E34 is a manual M20B20. Moves with the speed a water buffalo, aint worth a dime these days and looks like the country cousin of the E39. But it has a big heart and I love the old bugger.

han2u;351082 said:
My E34 is a manual M20B20. Moves with the speed a water buffalo, aint worth a dime these days and looks like the country cousin of the E39. But it has a big heart and I love the old bugger.

Dun say like that bro. For me E34 is the most solid BMW 5er ever. Its a heavy car & 2 ltr engine wont help much. Try to plonk newer & bigger engine, better still a V8 then u'll smile all the way. Black E34 wt big wheel plus minimal bodykit will look mean & awesome. Good eg are Tom & Blackhowling car:top:

i also thinking on putting V8 to my car. the problem is the roadtax is 4xxx per year. is over kill for me.

tkk;351121 said:
i also thinking on putting V8 to my car. the problem is the roadtax is 4xxx per year. is over kill for me.

Bro the maintenance is much more than the roadtax!!
Still an option of 3 ltr straight six:top: hehehe

:burnout:
initialM;351116 said:
Dun say like that bro. For me E34 is the most solid BMW 5er ever.

initialM, I didnt mean it in a bad way. :)

3 litre straight sounds interesting. Been thinking for quite some time about engine upgrade etc but nothing firm yet. Last upgrade estimate was around RM25k for engine, body, interior and wheels. Scary.

i'm still new to B-Engine. anyway for now M50 is good enough maybe later when engine giving problem will plan to have 3 ltr but definitely cannot affort to have 4 ltr.

After reading this thread, i'm keeping my e34 liao instead of upgrading it to e39..

btw, i thought of changing my engine block to 525 coz was told everything else is the same...mine is 520 year 95...looks solid like hell...

I have owned both e34 and e39...

Here's my 34......
Image413_2.jpg

and this is my e39, my current ride...
c044a55b-df7d-4639-9ccb-d98c1a090e9d.jpg

I dont know which is the best....i love them both in terms of the look...e34 has a soft suspension set up, feels a bit tough but there seems to be the m20b20 engine which is quite sluggish..
On the other side, 39 has a stiffer suspension and performs better, but the maintenance can kill me sometimes..My vote still goes to e39=60%..e34=40%

bmw7833;686838 said:
JFT, this is your next ride.

BMWE60FrontDubai01-720N_0.jpg

I ikut u Lim..I will upgrade if you do first..hehe...jaw-dropping look there...

JFT63;686928 said:
I ikut u Lim..I will upgrade if you do first..hehe...jaw-dropping look there...

Pls keep the collection of the 5ers, add in E60 and F10.

wobbles;686970 said:
Bro bmw7833 + Bro EL118 = racun for Bro JFT63... hahaha

I'm always prepared for their venomous poison..hehe,might also need Jacky chan for the ultimate kaspersky protection though..:vroam:

Top Bottom