e34 rear window blind

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

piquet

Club Guest
my rear window blind is not operational since i got the car.there is power to the motor when I select but the blind does not move.Suspect some gears stripped or something.Anyone know who can repair this ?

This is a common problem in e34 as this is rarely used. The motor usually fails and has to be replaced. It is very difficult to find a second hand one. Some people hzs told me that the motor is same as the one used in Merc.

Anyway, I gave up after looking for it for 2 years and bought a brand new one for about 700 MYR

Any mechanic should be able to open the rear shelf and check it. If you are lucky, it could just be the relay on it which is faulty

my experience is slightly strange...the window blind stopped working when my aux fan stopped working. after doing some re-wiring and with some extra fuses to fix the aux fan, the window blind started working again! and it's been 3-4 months now, so hopefully it'll continue working...:106:

I don't know if the E34 rear blind has the same operating system as those in E32's. From what I know of the E32's it's usually the plastic gears that has gone bad.

Vincent,I think my gears are stripped as well......no mechanic I know shows any interest to try!!

from what i know, if you are enterprising, put a wide rubber band (not our normal ones) around the worn out gears and it should work.

Guys...
Has anyone ever retro-fitted a rear blind when there was never one there in the first place???

bmrocket;276086 said:
Guys...
Has anyone ever retro-fitted a rear blind when there was never one there in the first place???

Not so simple! You need to change the speaker board to accomodate the rear blinds.

bmrocket;276086 said:
Guys...

I did it myself, fixed it by myself, in my house, in 1 whole badly day....:rock:

if you dun have all the parts, then forget it...

many thanks to OSFlanker for his kind generosity...:love:

integramania;276648 said:
bmrocket urs dun have? or does the rear blind only come in the later 95 amd 96 models?

My 94' CKD model takda lah bro Inte..

Rear parcel shelf pun got no slot but i don't think that shelf is the original material anymore anyway..

If place whole new assembly on top of rear parcel shelf je boleh tak???

anyway mine also siow siow d...sometimes can work sometimes cannot...so i rather leave it down....

not too sure if u can mod it in...have to ask those shops familiar with the bmw e34 and see lor...

good luck bro

it d plastic gear wear n tear, unless u can replace the plastic gear, no permanent solution. i ve chk,no one sell the gear alone. if u can get 1, let me know.

Top Bottom