e34 power steering hose

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
found out one morning my porch floor was wet with oil - power stering oil.couldn't pin point exact leak source but figured to be somewhere from the pump.bought the repair kit - rm55.removed pump,disassembled and replaced the rubber parts and seals.refitted.took for a spin,came back,reservoir low.sh*t!refilled with fresh oil.started her up and got the missus to turn the wheel....sh*t she (the car not the wifey) was pissing from the pressure hose(the hose that connects the pump to the steering box)...bad..... called bav auto..new hose rm600!!!WTF.used part - rm250 WTF. brought the leaking pipeline to a shop that does hose repair/replacement.they replaced the flex hose and re-used the rigid pipe with some modifications.refitted...voila.fixed...all for rm95..:D note: removal and refitment of the hose was diy.......;)

This is one of my to do list. I dig some info and some said when you order from hose shop, ask them to put "silencer" inside the hose. Reason because high pressure generate 'noise". How about your case ?

Cheers

tongsatriani said:
The hose for RM600? I got mine changed for around RM150, brand new...what's the story now?

RM150 new! which hose are you referring to?

I just changed the high pressure power steering hose for E32 RM600 brother.

Sonce we talk about power steering guys..,

Got some problem with my steering..my car turn slightly to left or right by itself...any idea what's wrong? steering free play? can steering box repair kits fix this? or is it due to worn bushes/ball joints at centre rod and tie rods? or power steering pump?

For info, the hose connected to the fluid reservoir got leaking, and the power steering box got oil stained there too.

Please advice....please....thanks.

Vincent Hor said:
RM150 new! which hose are you referring to?

I just changed the high pressure power steering hose for E32 RM600 brother.

Now that's a good one:eek:How many hose/s for power steering system? I got no idea at all....

Mine changed coz was told it was leaking...

Iqlima said:
This is one of my to do list. I dig some info and some said when you order from hose shop, ask them to put "silencer" inside the hose. Reason because high pressure generate 'noise". How about your case ?

Cheers

bro,
yar lar.got noise when i turn the wheel.if you notice,the ori hose has a valve in between,so this guy transferred the vlv and shoved it into the modified hose but alas,the noise still there.but what the hey....it's only audible during parking.for rm95 i surely can't ask for the world can i...:eek:

moots said:
bro,
yar lar.got noise when i turn the wheel.if you notice,the ori hose has a valve in between,so this guy transferred the vlv and shoved it into the modified hose but alas,the noise still there.but what the hey....it's only audible during parking.for rm95 i surely can't ask for the world can i...:eek:

Great, I'm sure I can live with noise.The trick is isolate the noise source from body. Like I did for this groaning noise.
Thanks for your sharing the information.

Bro, what's your rims and tyres sizes? What's the offset? And lastly how good are those tyres? These can cause your steering to wonder sometimes. Example previously I had AC2 17" & new tyres but the steering wonders regardless if I put it on E34 or E32. Then I put on the BBS 16 and Alpina 18 and they are fine with both cars. Conclusion the tyres were the culprit. So it could be same as in your case.

wan520i said:
Sonce we talk about power steering guys..,

Got some problem with my steering..my car turn slightly to left or right by itself...any idea what's wrong? steering free play? can steering box repair kits fix this? or is it due to worn bushes/ball joints at centre rod and tie rods? or power steering pump?

For info, the hose connected to the fluid reservoir got leaking, and the power steering box got oil stained there too.

Please advice....please....thanks.

Top Bottom