e34 No reverse light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

morpheus5039

Club Guest
Hi all, sorry to open a new thread but i seem can't find any thread relevant to my problem...Need sifus help!!!have check the wiring and no problem(the electrical guy by passed the reverse switch and it work)change a new reverse switch also won't help.finally he said when engage reverse gear the transmission do not press the reverse switch...So...could this be happen? and if so, how to fix it? another mechanic say only can change new transmission:stupid:your help is much appreciated!

Using Forums in Viral Marketing

In order to be effective, this kind of marketing carries a certain degree of commitment, responsibility and respect. wedding invitations The first requirement is to take a personal interest in the main topic of the forum. Not only does that mean visiting it regularly, but it also means wedding invitations developing a good relationship with both other members and the moderators, as well as taking an active interest in helping others. Of course, it also means abiding by and all rules that exist. By doing this, one can develop a reputation and,bridesmaid dresses since it is human nature to work with a trusted colleague, business will naturally develop from this.

I think you need a new mechanic!. Actually what he says is partially correct, the reverse gear has a little arm on the reverse lever that activates the reverse light switch and hence the reverse lights comes on. What has happened is somehow that little arm has been bend and is now no longer activating the reverse light switch. In order to resolve this issue you will need to open up the gearbox, and re-bend this arm to its original position. There is no need to replace the entire gearbox!.

Of course removing the gearbox is a heck of a lot of work, so I suggest only do it during your next clutch change and do it at the same time. In the meantime just find a workaround by installing a bypass manual switch for the reverse switch. You can just buy a normal on/off toggle switch from any of those electrical shops and connect it to the reserve lights wiring. Then when you want to reverse manually turn on the reverse lights. Of course remember to turn off after finishing your reversing la else you will be driving on with your reverse lights still on.

This is of course just an interim solution. If you are really bothered about then just take out the gearbox and have a look at that arm thingy I mentioned above. This exact same thing happened on my car and it was a quick fix except for the fact that the entire gearbox have to be removed. Good luck!

oh my god...guess i have to try living with this condition for a while...

Any way, thx ehoe for your reply which made me learned another new thing!:top:

morpheus5039;380203 said:
oh my god...guess i have to try living with this condition for a while...

Any way, thx ehoe for your reply which made me learned another new thing!:top:

No worries bro. I lived with the problem for almost 2 years and only had it fixed when my clutch was due for replacement. No biggie, just get the manual bypass switch fixed for the time being in the interest of safety. After all people can't see u reversing right now.

Good luck.

Top Bottom