E34 Clutch

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mr595

Club Guest
any of u guys had this problem b4.. last friday i went up to genting.. when i was on my way down my clutch went from full to half.. as i reach down to the karak toll there were no more clutch.. couldnt even get into any gears.. freaking hell..________________Tsuiso.. :ph34r:

Yes, my gear box ran out of transmission oil due to leak in the gearbox. Had a great time .. NOT..forcing it into gear to get to the mechanic.

ahahah i had a great time driving back to my house using ONLY 3rd gear.. had to put in gear before starting my car.. oh hell yeah! summore no wshop open due to new year.. hope the bill wont be like the mountain tumoro..

Heh heh can't beat me, had to go through several touch n go gates and traffic lights. When light turn green, put into first gear and start the car, then wrestle it into 3rd gear. In my case it was one of the small pumps at the gear box leaking, cost to fix approx RM 150-200/=. In any case if you need to get it moving a short distance, pour in a can of ATF (assuming that it is a leak in your case eg no more atf), should be able to get you to the workshop.

thanks for the advise bro.. guess ill be doin the same morrow.. lol

Had my share of clutch based problems....
From the sound of it, could be with either pumps (slave or master). Mine was the slave pump was stuck and not returning back to release the clutch. Hence my clutch pedal droped to half the travel length....
Quite easy to address.

If its a failure of the disks/plates.... very chia-lat (time-wise). Takes some time and effort to dismantle the tranny.

cheers.

good as new already... apparently it was the cluth oil pump... due to leaking.. so change to new one and now its all good..

cost .. RM200

Top Bottom