E30 wheel centre cone WTB-HELP!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jagmalhi

Club Guest
Hi guys,I need to buy this small round part attached in between the rim and the disc brake. It's called 'wheel centre cone' by one mechanic, and another one calls it something else can't remember what. Anyhow, we use it if our wheel is too big,so we slot that in to make it fit tight.Know what i'm talking about? Its usually plastic or aluminium.Mine's plastic and wearing out. bad shape already.wanna buy aluminium, but this mech selling for 60/pc,i think that's a rip off! Am i right, or is that the going rate?anyone know where i can buy much cheaper?cuz another friend told me can get for 15-30 a pc only, thats like half price man!!

Jag,

I think you need to order it cause for E30 not much demand now days. Tyre shop wouldn't keep it off the shelf. Some more you need the exact one that are "ngam-ngam" with your rims. I did made a set (4 pcs) before from aluminium for RM130.

where did u make it for 130 bro and when?cuz this fella charging me almost double man,he's quoting me 260!

it was in 11/10/2006. Most of the tyre shop can source it for you or else try to get from machine shop, but they need to measure your rim centre bore and also get the standard e30 "axle" size (the one that you attached your rims) Hope this help.

but on the other hand (correct me sifu if this is wrong), the function of the centre cone is to make your life easier when you installing your rims and also make it more precisely centred. You still can use the rims without the centre cone.

It's called Hub Centric cone. And why did you get rims that not oem? That's the trouble la..

it's technically termed as "hubcentric rings".it's purpose in life is to ensure that the wheels are properly centered when mounted.even a slight gap will wobble your whole car.i went thru this when i first bought a replice e39 M5 17inchers without the rings years back.wobbled like hell.with the rings...smooth as silk.

zoggee,the rims came with car ma i didn't know..haha..now only 4months later i realised so what to do..any of you know where i can go to a machine shop and get it from them cheaper?i can't imagine paying 240 for 4pcs of aluminium man, that's like another Samy Vellu sucking money!

and no Strider, i really think you need the hub centric cone, u try drive my car now you'll get scared,it wobbles like mad! before this shiok, not the cones getting worn out.aih

bro,all u need to is ask machinenary shop to custom made for u.mine is custom made.

yes i know need to ask machinery shop to custom made,lol, but i need the CONTACTS :) anyone know where i can do it? now i need to know where to do instead of what to do.lol.thanks for the help guys,much appreciated!

Top Bottom