e30 turbo... question here...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hey dude, Zoggee is rite. If I were you put SR20 Nissan engine or 1JZ-GTE from Toyota. Power always ready and never ending until it hit fuel cut. :yes:

Originally posted by cool728@Jul 12 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey dude, Zoggee is rite. If I were you put SR20 Nissan engine or 1JZ-GTE from Toyota. Power always ready and never ending until it hit fuel cut. :yes:
i'm not the type of dumping others brand on engine into other brand of cars.... when its a bimmer let it be a bimmer... for me changing brand is like changing genital parts :D ...

Dude, if you can find a Dogleg tranny..buy it. its worth it then go for force induction. play with the rear diff as well...

Originally posted by dthug@Jul 12 2006, 09:23 PM
ok.... seems so many people discourage me on turbo-ing a bimmer, can i ask yall the best way to tweak "if" i got m10 or m40?

i emphasis again that i'm a newbie..

my other option on n/a engine will be :- (pls correct me if wrong, these all based on my experience with japan cars)
1. racing cam
2. manageable ecu(can it be fitted? :dunno: )
3. intake manifold
4. exsaust manifold
5. flywheel lighten

"if" those thing can be done... i'm guessing increasing in hp will be below 100 maybe below 50

m10b18 hp range is 88 to 103
m40b18 hp range is 111 to 114

do the math ...

so whats ur opinion?
First u got to know more about the engine that you'll be getting before u decide which route you wanna go for.

Come for TT and join us for the racun session. ;)

Dthug, you have left out the M42 engine, the best candidate for forced induction!

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jul 13 2006, 10:23 AM
Dthug, you have left out the M42 engine, the best candidate for forced induction!
really? :rolleyes:

by the way ALbundy,
what engine do u use? do u racun it in any way?

M42... hehe...

in stock form, it has ~140hp... Dyno proven 110-115hp on-wheel.

The Downing-Atlanta Superchargers used in the US can push it to about 200hp.

Power is only part of the quest, suspension mods are just as gratifying when u're driving at the twisties. Going fast on the straight is for the boys, going fast at the corners are what men are made of.. :p

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jul 13 2006, 10:49 AM
M42... hehe...

in stock form, it has ~140hp... Dyno proven 110-115hp on-wheel.

The Downing-Atlanta Superchargers used in the US can push it to about 200hp.

Power is only part of the quest, suspension mods are just as gratifying when u're driving at the twisties. Going fast on the straight is for the boys, going fast at the corners are what men are made of.. :p
u r rite my fren,

n if u have balls..... DRIFT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r rite my fren,

n if u have balls..... DRIFT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read it carefully.. IF u have BALLS man.. hehe.. come lets drift.. why? scared ahh? :nyehehe: ;)

i heard hoh drifting can be super expensive even if your car is not damaged... watch out for big sharp stones that can be orbitted and then headed for collisions with nearby cars and buildings... :ph34r:

Originally posted by ah lian@Jul 13 2006, 04:17 PM
i heard hoh drifting can be super expensive even if your car is not damaged... watch out for big sharp stones that can be orbitted and then headed for collisions with nearby cars and buildings... :ph34r:
super expensive for tyres la.....

although this is off thread....

why all the hype abt drfting when they were already doing it around the rubber estates when rallying was the in-thing ah???

I drift but then I become slower-loh!

Btw, drifting is NOT ONLY hard on tyres......just think of the stress on the chassis, engine and tranny....

i think the different between drift n rally is drift were done on the tarmac n rally on dirt, and i dont think that sliding on tarmac is easier... a lot of negative momentum while youre sliding because of the traction between tyre n tarmac.. on dirt the traction is around 30% off or more... thats y we called karamjit(the legend) "flying sikh"....

I also noticed that there's a E30 325 turbo available for sale when i saw it in Motortrader mag yesterday. It's red in color & is a 2-door coupe model........ stated that it's original BMW turbo engine wor.

What engine is the E30 running? I'm eager to know since i a noob in UDM engines. :)

Originally posted by nd_4ever@Jul 18 2006, 02:51 PM
I also noticed that there's a E30 325 turbo available for sale when i saw it in Motortrader mag yesterday. It's red in color & is a 2-door coupe model........ stated that it's original BMW turbo engine wor.

What engine is the E30 running? I'm eager to know since i a noob in UDM engines. :)
come on man, read the whole tread before ask question... aits already been answered....

and one mo thing... "wiki" it up!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom