e30:how much have you spent?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

selespeed

Club Guest
hi all; not sure if this has been started before. i just checked with my money software that i used to track soending on car. since possesion of my e30m40 in january 2004 till now i have spent in SGD: - $18,083 on maintenance (service, tires, parts, repair. insurance not included). this is now roughly the purchade price of my car- $17,927 on petrol (~175,000km). this bit is very accurate because i used credit card for fueling- $4,410 on toll charges and partial electronic parking so how much have you guys spend on?

no one has started this topic, coz no one wants to count. I hide all my bills, just so that i can show them to potential buyer (if i ever decide to sell), good selling point. Expenses on my e30 need not to be justified. I shall spend on it as much as i can afford to and i do not want to know how much it might be.

Just my take on this.

:top:

erh......so far, I am 100% sure I spent MORE THAN the value of the car! But its a keeper! :)

Spent more than the value of the car a few times over since I got it in 2000.

But she's such a fun mistress that I don't even care. :)

As I have been here few months, realised one thing E30 really needs a lot $$$ to be in a good condition. My self haven't even started the project but spent nearly 10k on parts alone in a period of 4 months. If fuel u dun wanna know as it's my daily ride. :stupid: some say. But I'm :top:.

mizhan;547103 said:
macam macam la.. :)

oh i see... pretty thourough job though. my restoration project starts next month. but first let me have the mechanical fundamentals right first by end of this month with the replacement of a nw gearbox and clutch. the clutch has NEVER been changed thorughout my 170,000km+ of driving of 6.5 years and it still does not demonstrate slippage. i like it!

i will post the progress and pictures here before and after... but it is gonna cost a lot la

Dont ask the money spent for E30 .........

Just enjoy the process of restore and driving it .................

the E30 is at least 18 year old, the last new E30 318i was sold in 1992 in Malaysia... Frankly speaking, it is a long time for a car... And if it has been maintained properly, it can go a long long way... I also lost track of how much I have spent, but then again, my spending is only a fraction of Mizhan's.. haha...

fabianyee;547120 said:
the E30 is at least 18 year old, the last new E30 318i was sold in 1992 in Malaysia... Frankly speaking, it is a long time for a car... And if it has been maintained properly, it can go a long long way... I also lost track of how much I have spent, but then again, my spending is only a fraction of Mizhan's.. haha...

how much is a FRACTION, man? cakap la!

a faction is like 10k... ;)

fabian only spends a fraction coz he is much better with his hands than i am. if you're a D.I.Y.er, you could save loads of money.

What mizhan spent on the E30 is only a fraction of what he earns in a year.. so ok for him. hahha...

Yes, I do a lot of DIY. Cos too sayang to let the mechanic molest 'her'...

Top Bottom