E30 and W124, which one?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hey ck318ci

Those are cool photos of your W115 220 :) Thank you so much for the info as well. How did you maintain the car? Did you have that in Malaysia or no?

Anyway yea the W124 200E isnt a very good choice but i just love a manual tranny. Is there other W124 variants that comes with manual tranny? Perhaps a 230E or 220E? I dont want something with a engine too big. Not a power driven guy, just love to drive and taste the built of the whole car.

Again thanks for all that ck, cheers.

Regards

More Merc trivia: The W116 was made famous in the movie Ronin where it appeared as a brown 450SEL 6.9, driven by Jean Reno in the now-famous car chase scene. I recall there was also an E34 (could be an M5) in Ronin, driven by the baddies against the direction of Paris traffic in another car chase!

OK, OK, out of topic again. :D

Thanks wglee, i dont mind those so keep them coming! I am gonna hunt for some good car chase movie ;) Cheers.

Regards

Eujax,

If u really like the shape of the W124, get the CE model. CE220s r going about high 40s to bout 50K. though the CE300 24V is an absolute stormer on the road.

Having said that, a tricked up 190E 2.3 or 2.5 (if u can find them that is) are a match for the E30 M3.

I love the outrageous 190E wif Sports Evo2 bodykit. Yummy.

190EHarris.jpg

Originally posted by EuJax@Jul 6 2006, 06:52 PM
Hey ck318ci

Those are cool photos of your W115 220 :) Thank you so much for the info as well. How did you maintain the car? Did you have that in Malaysia or no?

Anyway yea the W124 200E isnt a very good choice but i just love a manual tranny. Is there other W124 variants that comes with manual tranny? Perhaps a 230E or 220E? I dont want something with a engine too big. Not a power driven guy, just love to drive and taste the built of the whole car.

Again thanks for all that ck, cheers.

Regards
eujax,

i had the car for a very brief moment, 4 months in total before i have to part with as i was gearing up for oversea studies....

maintainence wise, there wasnt much to do, i only had 4 new tyres up and going plus replacement of some new bushes. that was it! as simple as it sounds, everything was carried out by a mechanic who used to trained by cycle and carriage and know the star bearing car by hearts!

was given a clean bill of health for the car, hence it was relatively a trouble free car.

i believe the car is still own by the lecturer i sold to in cenfad

Top Bottom