Door Panel Noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mr_B

Club Guest
Guys,i'm starting to hear some noice in the driver side door panel when the car goes on uneven roads. Been there for 1 months already. This really makes me crazy as i can't pin point exactly what's making that noice. I really dont wanna go to SA or AB as they might just rip the panel open and screw up when fixing it back on. Perhaps its just the handle noise..........mmmmmmmm i dunno .....N e of u guys face this problem. cheers ....

Sounds like the famous rubber sills around the door problem which wears out over time especially when the car is parked under our hot sun, but I thought it only affected CBU cars. Just bring it to AB and get it checked and replaced since it's under warranty.

rookie;215176 said:
Sounds like the famous rubber sills around the door problem which wears out over time especially when the car is parked under our hot sun, but I thought it only affected CBU cars. Just bring it to AB and get it checked and replaced since it's under warranty.
Rookie,

I dont think that it's the rubber seal. It sounded more like something is loose in the power window. I say this because when I just roll down the window by only 5mm, the noise will lessen. Hopefully its not the power window arm.

Some forumers also expressed the same problem with the E60, i.e. rolling down the window a bit and the noise was less or gone. The problem was gone after the rubber sills were replaced. BTW, the rubber sills are the ones where the doors touches the body when the door is closed. When the rubber wears out, there will be movement on the door especially on bumpy roads, which causes the noise.

Why don't you bring it to AB for a check and parts replacement since it's under warranty. They can always open up the door panel and check the power window mechanism if you suspect something is loose in there.

...I wonder if it's that 'squeezy-rubbing' noise near the air vents near the light switch ?...

...the door panels touching the facia below the light switch probably needs tightening...

...try the door handle, pushing (towards the light switch) or pulling (towards seat belt pillar), while you are driving...if it affects the sound, that could be the problem...

;)

mr_B,

Surprised to hear new cars have this problem. My sympathies.

However, you have made owners of old old bimmers feel better with their groans and squeeks. :rolleyes:

Thanks for making my day. :)

Since it's still under warranty, I'm thinking of just going to Sapura Auto and ask them to check it out. Any of you guys have reasons for me not going there based of past experience or so???

Cheers..................have a good week ahead...

Top Bottom