Defective Coil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

deepblueE34

Club Guest
Hello all,

I wanted to ask for opinions here. Last year I bought 6 bremi coils from one of the largest (if not the largest) bmw parts supplier in KL. Mind you, I have been a regular at this place. Less than six months after installing them, one of them failed. It just stopped firing after the car reaches its running temperature. I swapped it with a 20 year old botsch coil I had and the problem went away. Checked the boot and it's good, so the coil is definitely bad. I thought what the heck! this should last at least a year.

Any hoo, I emailed bremi (germany) and they asked me to take the coil back to the supplier I bought it from. When I went back to the supplier, they said they don't do returns and their supplier won't take it back. I, again, emailed the after-sales guy in bremi and he said they only do returns through their distributors.

The coil and boot cost me around RM160. It's not that big a deal (hoping the other five won't fail like this one). But I what do you think? Is the parts shop here being reasonable? or should they help me get the coil changed?

Some dealer wld perceive returns as a hassle, as there will be countless justification paperworks on the return. Here, since our consumer rights are practically nonexistent, we are at their mercy.

You can try to sweet talk or exercise extreme diplomacy to get it changed bro. All the best!

If you're buying from Bavarian Auto then it's their policy not to have warranty or returns. I think you just need to discuss with them nicely and see if anything can be worked out.

Authorised SC provides 2 years part warranty for most items replaced. The catch is you pay almost double the price.

Bilstein shocks also got lifetime warranty but dealer say the cost of shipping back to manufacturer cost more than the shock itself, so they not gonna do it. And that's not manufacturer's problem.

Top Bottom