days 4. 2nd problem . driver side door suddenly open.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chuan782

This morning sending my small girl friend to Q dees .

And my car already non stop drive for around I j10km and I hear because just noise from out side.

So I check all windows with lay down and close but still hear some outside noise.

I keep driving . .. suddenly my door was open automatically lucky the door still hook on the lock and i drive very slow because just start from traffic light .

no warning saying door are not close or unlock.

anyone experience this issue before ?

dis wan i think was soft latching issue.like you said...your girl friend small...no pawa to shut the door.so whilst about to move,the door unlatched itself.
my advise : get a bigger girl friend :love:

My wife upgrade become wife and daughter upgrade become my new girlfriend

The is on my driver side. Is very strange if door are soft close should show the warning but I sure I can hear out side noise so I keep pressing down all windows and up again.

moots said:
dis wan i think was soft latching issue.like you said...your girl friend small...no pawa to shut the door.so whilst about to move,the door unlatched itself.
my advise : get a bigger girl friend :love:

Dear Chuan782

very strange phenomenon you got there.
Need your clarification. before you drive, did you see the car diagram on the car display showing all doors closed? normally, when one door is open, it shows in the display. based on my experience, when one of your door is not properly closed, the car refuse to lock even if you press door lock

now my last question...what is your plate number? ..so that I cant avoid your car....he he he

aiyah...soli soli...yr door soft latching...so you need to eat more protein to build up yr right biceps.....

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

All door already auto lock .

razibar said:
Dear Chuan782

very strange phenomenon you got there.
Need your clarification. before you drive, did you see the car diagram on the car display showing all doors closed? normally, when one door is open, it shows in the display. based on my experience, when one of your door is not properly closed, the car refuse to lock even if you press door lock

now my last question...what is your plate number? ..so that I cant avoid your car....he he he

Bro, there could be 2 scenarios here. The first one is your door is not close at all, if you try to drive your car with an open door, there should be some kind of alam or alert sound and the car may not allow you to drive at all. The second scenario is when you did close your door and it did latch but it's not locked, in this situation there's no alarm sound but there's a warning sign on your dashboard, you should still be able to drive your car. In the second scenario the door will not open even if you push it from inside as there's a 2 stage locking mechanism here where the first click will latch the door (where door is latched but not locked) and the second click will lock it. You can try this 2 stage locking mechanism by closing your door gently to latch it and then a quick push to lock it. You can try to opening the door after the first latching by pushing the door panel from the inside of the car to test if the door would open. I bet it will not. This is the safety standard for all European cars.

Very weird. Btw for f30 if not mistake if the driver door is open and you try to drive the car the engine switches off automatically

The engine does not switch off. The gearbox just changes to P and the car stops.

Do you have soft close? If your F34 has soft close, please bring back to dealer - there's been a service bulletin concerning this very same issue of soft close door reopening - the fault lies in the soft close door's actuator. It'll need to be replaced. I just had the same issue on my F15 (YOM 2014) and the dealer replaced all 4 actuators. Good luck!

Relax. I have experienced it twice in my 4 years driving 528i. I just cant manage to figure out what the fuck is wrong with this. After this, i think im switching to either Lexus IS or Infi Q50.

mine 2... went over some twisty and bumpy road passenger door opened...

another time over speed bump.. door opened again.

scary

I like the driving experience of the F30, mostly from the sheer power and acceleration.

What my 328 fails me are in many small areas which I can list.
The door issue highlighted (which thankfully has never occurred to me) does send shivers to me.
If it happens to the rear doors and passengers are not strapped up - it could be disasterous.

Hi, my f30 same problem door suddenly open n pop up warning light 'door open' when driving, anyone got complaint with BMW dealer? what wrong with it ?
Thanks.

Hi,

This happened to my new F30 back in late 2014. Mine was the rear door, driver side. It goes like this. I placed something at the rear seat, got onto the car, started the engine, drove off, auto lock engaged and few minutes later i hear "pop". Thats when the rear door opened automatically. My first reaction was WTF!!!

Brushed it off thinking i could have been the problem, maybe didn't close the door properly or whatnot. Then it happened again and this time with passenger seated by the door. That's when i sent the car in (coincide with bsri service interval) and file a complaint. Few days later went to collect my car and they claimed it is due to software issue. They reset it and it never happened again.

Top Bottom