Dash Display?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bishop

Club Guest
Just got a '99 523, but without the manual. Can anyone tell me what does the dash display(just below the mileage counter) show?Click once= Tempreture outside ( C )Click again= Consumption (L/100km)Click again= distance left (km)Click again= Something??? (km/h) :dunno: What is the last one? :dunno: :dunno:

That's the speed that you are travelling. Inorder to calculate the distance for the petrrol that you have in the car to travel, 1st you've to press the control for the speed, then press control for the consumption & lastly press control for distance.

The computer does calculate all these automatically, as the speed register does not change according to the actual speed, so each time you'll have go through the whole process inoder to work out the distance.

Mine has Date
Consumption
Consumption....I wonder why 2X
Range
Distance
Arrival
Time
Stop watch

Originally posted by Bishop@May 17 2005, 11:35 PM

Click again
= Something??? (km/h) :dunno:

What is the last one?

Average Speed (since last reset)

(To reset press and hold the control button)

sorry kinda off topic but this a windscreen display (Heads Up Display,HUD) that 's seriously cool.....been a while but dunno where to post this pic so here it is, enjoy!!!!

P.S. I'd imagine myself to be like an F-16 pilot being in this M5...LOL :D

anyways i think some 530is imported by greys are having this HUD feature....but dunno how much that will cost.....

Top Bottom