Currently Upgrading BMWCLUBMALAYSIA.com

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BlackCat;584275 said:
Tom, appreciate your looking into the right scrolling/right margin issue when you have the chance.

It is really irritating... :(

hi blackcat, can you tell me the screen resolution you're currently running on?

ICEMAN 13;584316 said:
dear tom ...the old one we had ...click the quick link and todays post ..we will see all the post for todays for a few pages ..

the new one ...ummm ain't working ...each time click todays post i would only see 1~3 topic only OR only a single page display shows ....

hope you can see on this matter too ...

TQ

can you try the "what's new" button or "new post" after logging out as well as when logging back in?
the new post function seems to be working nicely

anyone else facing this problem? and can you describe your browsing pattern? as in how often do you access in a day?

Tom;584419 said:
can you try the "what's new" button or "new post" after logging out as well as when logging back in?
the new post function seems to be working nicely

anyone else facing this problem? and can you describe your browsing pattern? as in how often do you access in a day?

when logged out and click on the "what's new" button , i'll get an array of thread and also thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ... but upon logging in and click on " what's new" i get a array of 5 rows of threads and NO thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ....

when not logged the what's new is working pretty as the old one ...but upon logging in i'm facing the problem as mentioned ...

Tom I am getting this. The hyperlink are shown as below:- using firefox v 3.6.12 - screen resolution : 1280 X 800

It look like what's new and new post have the same script.

Capture_7-1.jpg

Capture_6-1.jpg

Capture_8.jpg

ICEMAN 13;584424 said:
when logged out and click on the "what's new" button , i'll get an array of thread and also thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ... but upon logging in and click on " what's new" i get a array of 5 rows of threads and NO thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ....

when not logged the what's new is working pretty as the old one ...but upon logging in i'm facing the problem as mentioned ...

Iceman I think you hit the target spot on.

Tom here is the problem. This problem script is migrated from the previous platform.

When log out, the script is "get-daily" but when the log in, the script is "get-new" for the same button.

Log-Out.
Capture_5.jpg

Log-In
Capture_6-1.jpg

when i login at www.bmwclubmalaysia.com it redirects me to bmwclubmalaysia.com where i appear not logged in. i think its a cookie issue where the login cookie is on the domain with www. when i manually add the www, it shows me as logged in.

Tom, I am running on 1280 X 1024

Below image is how my monitor displays the threads... Notice that the right of the screen needs scrolling...

ForumUpgrade.jpg

thanks guys

Screen Resolution / Page Display problems
Blackcat: I have reverted the layout to almost default and no sidebars at the mean time, pages still bleeding to the right for you? (Can anyone confirm if your screen resolutions displays the forums properly?)

New Post function / Cookies
Jarance / Iceman / Paul : thanks guys, the cookie settings have been changed. please let me know if you can log in normally without prematurely being logged out. The New post function also relies on the user's cookies.

Jarance: The New post function and urls for guest and members are designed to be different

Tom;584465 said:
thanks guys

Blackcat: I have reverted the layout to almost default and no sidebars at the mean time, pages still bleeding to the right for you? (Can anyone confirm if your screen resolutions displays the forums properly?)

No problems here. (Safari 5.02, Screen Reso at 1280 x 800)

Blackcat, try emptying the browser cache and see if that helps?

Google Chrome, 1366 x 768, looks good!

The "view forum posts" issue I reported earlier via PM also working fine now! Good job!

Hi Tom,

I seem to have a problem logging in with "remember me" box selected. It will not recognise my userid & password.

If the "remember me" is not selected I have no problem logging on.

Initially I thought I forgot my password so I reset it already but it seems to be a problem only when "remember me" is selected.

Cheers :)

Tom;584465 said:
thanks guys

Jarance / Iceman / Paul : thanks guys, the cookie settings have been changed. please let me know if you can log in normally without prematurely being logged out. The New post function also relies on the user's cookies.

Jarance: The New post function and urls for guest and members are designed to be different

Thanks for the prompt reply and rectifications :)

Without the sidebars now, the page bleed issue seems to have been resolved.

Looking much better :)

Tom;584465 said:
thanks guys

tom thanks it's improved , but the max i could get is till pg 2 on the upper right side .... that's the MAX ...

thanks for the continued inputs guys, this will help us get the site running perfectly in no time

Hi Tom, some issue viewing the site on Opera Mobile 9.7 on my Windows Mobile phone

This is what I see on my phone:

5205707283_feb4015ca8.jpg

No matter what I do I cant see the front of the car. Zoom in or zoom out also cannot. It sorta cropped all the photos in the site on my phone.

This is what I see on my computer:

5205707285_b5a1eccc23.jpg

The photo is actually wider and can see the front of the car more

And on a separate issue the Quick Links and the Advanced Search on the top bar overlaps on my phone (as you can see in the top photo.

Appreciate all the works that have been done to improve the site!

hi haywire

thanks for the report. the screenshot really helped
it's a small fix, should be solved real soon

ICEMAN 13;584696 said:
tom thanks it's improved , but the max i could get is till pg 2 on the upper right side .... that's the MAX ...

tom san

when i logged in today , upon click on the NEW POST , i'll get all the posting threads for a couple of pages ...perhaps those posted since friday where i logged in last ,

but upon reading through those threads , logged out --- later in the afternoon logged in again , and i get back the same problem ..threads posted for that particular hour only ...can's see the threads in several pages ...

need to look into it again

Top Bottom