Couldn't start the engine and gear is locked

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mat6689

Club Guest
Hi, anyone encounter such problem that the engine couldn't start and the gear is locked ? I was trying to restart the car after a car wash, but it couldn't and was trying to push the car back to car porch then found out I couldn't shift the gear from P to N.

no indication of any failure when the key inserted, when press the stop/start button the engine sound like it can not ignite the engine then all go silence. Try to release the key from it and insert it again then press stop/start button, still the same.

Do you know what could have wrong ? the worst part is the gear is locked, even if I were to call tow truck, I'm wondering since it is at "P" how the tow truck guy to load my car onto the truck....

by the way, my ride is 320d 2010, 177hps version. any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Pull up the gear lever boot, you'll see a red color switch on the top right corner, flick the switch and you can engage "N".

That's not the correct procedure.. refer to the following photo, you see the red switch in between "c" and "y" for the watermark "Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc"

Page 14: http://www.renette.dk/Bil/BMWe90/E90_Powertrain.pdf

11001148178014U_3.jpg

Top Bottom