Conversion to M-Sport suspension...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EuJax

Club Guest
Hi guys, Was at AB just now and was enquiring about M-sport suspension for my 528i, was told that need to change the entire system ie coil spring, struts, mounting etc. Just like to make sure with fellow e39ers if that is accurate cause the techie is not very experience and was hesitating in answering me. Was quoted RM 1800++ for front abs and RM 1500++ for rear, just for everyone's info :) Regards

Hi bmw7833,

The price was per piece, sorry i did not make it clear earlier, i always thought AB have the highest price of all among dealers and aftermarket. Anyone experience with Bavarian Auto the stockist? Are their products the same exact thing from AB or are they aftermarkets?

EuJax;519898 said:
Hi bmw7833,

The price was per piece, sorry i did not make it clear earlier, i always thought AB have the highest price of all among dealers and aftermarket. Anyone experience with Bavarian Auto the stockist? Are their products the same exact thing from AB or are they aftermarkets?

per piece? OMG:eek:..

No wonder..

For the price, why not consider aftermarket coilover?

BA is OEM GIANT, if you want ORIGINAL, AB is the way u have to go.

for that price, i would consider KW coil overs for it.. worth every RM on it.. somemore you might not like the Msport suspension.. too hard..

by the way, you were ill advised by them, you will also have to use the msport springs that is matching.. so extra $$..

Thank you guys for your kind advice and info. Will look further into it.

Pussy, i know M-sport is hard but i felt e39 sways a bit on normal absorbers thus considering the M-sports....they did tell me about the springs as well as other suspension parts involved.

pussy;519903 said:
for that price, i would consider KW coil overs for it.. worth every RM on it.. somemore you might not like the Msport suspension.. too hard..

by the way, you were ill advised by them, you will also have to use the msport springs that is matching.. so extra $$..

bro KW coilovers are adjustables?

if for me i rather by bilstein b12...with this i got 4 pcs shock with matching springs...the price anyhow cheaper than the m sport...

to go for full m-sport, you need the m-sport sway bars, stabiliser bars, springs, absorbers. Don't forget, even the bump stop is different. Anything else did I miss? Better go aftermarket unless yours is already an ori m-sport.

wow 3300 x 2 = RM6600 ( @1800F + 1500R )
compare to e46, 2950 x 2 = RM5900 ( @1950F + 1000R )
e46 ori m-sport abs, still cheaper

EuJax;519891 said:
Hi guys,

Was at AB just now and was enquiring about M-sport suspension for my 528i, was told that need to change the entire system ie coil spring, struts, mounting etc. Just like to make sure with fellow e39ers if that is accurate cause the techie is not very experience and was hesitating in answering me.

Was quoted RM 1800++ for front abs and RM 1500++ for rear, just for everyone's info :)

Regards

Price sounds about right BA quoted me RM2k a piece. So i went for Sach Super Touring + Eibach prokits. Comfortable, Lowered and no complaints on handling just need to get use to it after riding on B12

Top Bottom