Clay bar + ONR as lubricant

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

John_Smith

Club Guest
The yellow sub was done about 3 months ago. It has been parked outside overnight ocassionally, skipped weekly wash, didn't go thru quik detailing whenever it was washed.. so it's about time to give it a good thorough detailing.It also have tar...lots of it..
DSCN5128.jpg
DSCN5126.jpg
More tar
DSCN5125.jpg
On the surface, it looks like well maintained..
DSCN5122.jpg
But it is not..
DSCN5129.jpg
Menu for the day:1. Clay bar2. Meguair's Bug and Tar Remover3. Meguair's ScratchX4. Meguair's Deep Crystal Polish5. Meguair's Gold Class Yellow (no pun intended) Wax6. Meguair's Trim Detailer7. Meguair's Gold Class Leather Cleaner / Conditioner for the interiorAnd the result
DSCN5133.jpg
DSCN5130.jpg
DSCN5132.jpg
The sun test..
DSCN5134.jpg
The reflection test..
DSCN5135.jpg
No more tar!http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/John_Smith/DSCN5138.jpg Spent nearly 7 hours, including doing up the interior...having muscle ache all over, but looking at it in such beautiful condition... PRICELESS.PS I'm not promoting Meguair's product. :D

Seeing your beautiful car reminds me of a Beatles song: Yellow Submarine! Lovely!

7 hours.. Hardcore! You must be very proud of your newly detailed ride bro. All your hard work and effort put in has paid off handsomely! :top:

ok ...maybe soalan bodoh ...but is it common to use ONR as the lubricant or can we just use water ? im talking about when claying of course :)

rgds ,
dmi3

dmi3;557366 said:
ok ...maybe soalan bodoh ...but is it common to use ONR as the lubricant or can we just use water ? im talking about when claying of course :)

rgds ,
dmi3

Hmm. So far I've used a spray bottle filled with water as my lubricant for claying, and so far, so good. Of course, ONR, being a chemical which enables loose dirt to be picked up easily, would probably serve as a better lubricant.

Depends on your preference bro.

It would also depend on the type of clay used. Some crumble if used with water and some don't. Some also are more effective (and not to mention safer) if used with a dedicated clay lubricant or a QD. ONR is a good clay lubricant but I've found that some clay would caused marring if use ONR as lub instead of a quick detailer. Best is to read the label and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.

Regards.

thanks all for the encouragement!

I used QD as lubricant before, but it was too expensive. I mean, a bottle of QD cost RM40! Btw, Carrefour Subang is selling Perma Glass clay bar at RM15 for the light car use ones. I wonder why the dark car use-clay-bar costs doubly as much..

genozide;556934 said:
Seeing your beautiful car reminds me of a Beatles song: Yellow Submarine! Lovely!

your yellow submarine looks great

its not what u used...but heart u use

beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder ...in this case the hand of beholder.....

many things you can buy with master/visa card but moments like these no $$$$ can....

John_Smith;558509 said:
Some water beading photos from the rain couple of days ago. Phone camera quality though...

MA MA MIA......keep it up

Top Bottom