CKD E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
official launching should be in late April or early May.
they got to clear the last batch of CBUs.

Energy's neighbour picked up his CBU E90 325i for Rm300k from AB (new). Not bad discount at all.

i heard under new AP...

325 CBU cost 330k++

same goes to all those AP unreg e46

price increasing soon

Just saw a bunch (8 of them) of german bmw mech having lunch here is shah alam, overheard them talking abt e90, so the localisation of the model should be in process and be done very soon

That's great. The CKD E60s were priced lower than CBUs so the same can be expected for E90s. However, we are just a year away from new C-Class and A4 which should be followed by facelifted E90. Since the facelifted E46 came with loads of nice enhancements, I'm inclined to wait for the facelifted E90 before taking that financially suicidal plunge. Looks like 2007 / 2008 is gonna be an exciting period. Group buy? hehehehe....

Originally posted by leakwoon@Mar 6 2006, 06:29 AM
bro Juan Powerblow

get a 525i sport edition la

hehehe
Ptuuui... It's so expensive la. Besides, I usually drive solo and would like to try pretending I'm still in my 20s. I'm more inclined on a new E90 for now and I think with the right kit, it'll look quite hot too. Either that, wait for K3nny to sell his car and I get it off cheap-cheap, hahaha!

ya 3 series normal for 20s

luckili i still yuppi in 20s

....hahaha

ask k3nny to sell his e60 baby n get a M5 E60

just kidding

yea, normally for 20s...my neighbour got a titan silver 325i last dec. he is probably in his late 40s/early 50s...

hope the CKD E90s offer I-drive as optional.

Nope.. No selling for awhile guys. Paying this one off will be a challenge on its own much less selling it for something more costly. :)

E90's in Malaysia will never come with i-Drive due to the amount of specs they're allowed to put in for customs and excise purposes or something like that. Im not sure about the specifics but ill try find out as im swinging by AB tomorrow to get something done with my 525i..

Apparently the CKD E90's can expect a RM20k - RM30k discount but then again, car prices just rose. :angry:

well,whatever the price its still bloody expensive!! such bloated prices,so little choice.my next car will be FI'd no matter what the consequences and no matter what the brand.so the only bimmer that i can think of is the 335i but that'll be,again,very very expensive..sheeeesh!! what luck!!
i'm in the wrong country.. :beaten:

It's depressing that if I sell my worthy 4-year old E46 325i now, I can't even get 50% of the price of a new E90 325i. So, when I consider whether the new E90 can give me twice the level of enjoyment compared to my E46, it puts things in perspective. Gotta work harder before I even muster another thought on this issue, heh!

sorry, a little off topic, but does anyone realise that the price of 530D has increased from circa rm430k to rm520k? :blink:

To put things in perspective, if you had Rm300k cash and are feeling quite rich and wanted to shop for a new car, you'd have to plunk down that hard earned Rm300k and STILL take out a loan for over Rm200k to get that E60...

3 years later, that car will be worth a fraction of what u paid for :p

Hence its true that for cars over Rm300k a large percentage of them are company owned cars instead (for tax purposes) instead of personal purchases.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Mar 6 2006, 01:12 PM
Energy's neighbour picked up his CBU E90 325i for Rm300k from AB (new). Not bad discount at all.
RM300K for new CBU e90 325...hmmm, it's definitely a steal. perhaps it was a demo unit or maybe he got it from Cartrade...what ever it is, still a damn good bargain. even the CKD spec due to come out in May may only be priced slightly lower than RM300K!!!. Also heard that the CKD will come in 2 variants, standard and exclusive.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Mar 7 2006, 10:18 AM
To put things in perspective, if you had Rm300k cash and are feeling quite rich and wanted to shop for a new car, you'd have to plunk down that hard earned Rm300k and STILL take out a loan for over Rm200k to get that E60...

3 years later, that car will be worth a fraction of what u paid for :p

Hence its true that for cars over Rm300k a large percentage of them are company owned cars instead (for tax purposes) instead of personal purchases.
exactly my thoughts...seems cars are getting more and more expensive at a rate that isn't commensurate with our wages(well,at least for salarymen like me!!).thoughts of upgrading to a new latest gen 3er just seemed too painful to bear for me and my measly earning.i don't have rich parents,having to earn my own since day one and work hard makes it even more painful..
end of the day,due to my hunger for more power,i'll probably have to consider used ones be it Jap or German..looks more like Jap cuz powerful German cars tend to be even more overpriced and also the way prices of all things are climbing.
sad but what to do?

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Mar 7 2006, 10:02 AM
It's depressing that if I sell my worthy 4-year old E46 325i now, I can't even get 50% of the price of a new E90 325i. So, when I consider whether the new E90 can give me twice the level of enjoyment compared to my E46, it puts things in perspective. Gotta work harder before I even muster another thought on this issue, heh!
You sound like an accountant. Or you hang around with them too much. :)

Top Bottom