Chevrolet - Captiva

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aerwynah

Club Guest
Hello...Anybody can give an opinion/suggestion/feedback on this model?In terms of spare part, maintenance wise, safety or what so ever?I plan to buy this car sometime early next year( It's just weeks from now, perhaps), but i just want to research on this car further as i do no want to regret it later on.Well my choices are this Captiva or KIA Sportage..Both are diesel (at least diesel is the type i'm looking for). Both have their own design, and its own beauty, but if Captiva is not a problem, i might as well go for CAptiva.Kindly advise.Thank You.:wink:

hello mr aerwynah.........i bet u must be in the wrong car club lor ??????????? jes to remind u tat we r here bmw club ok, tq.............if u dont mind pls intro yrslf in the newbie section ok if u r still interested in bmw car ............forget abt chevvy but go for BMW

aerwynah;275011 said:
Hello...

Anybody can give an opinion/suggestion/feedback on this model?

In terms of spare part, maintenance wise, safety or what so ever?

I plan to buy this car sometime early next year( It's just weeks from now, perhaps), but i just want to research on this car further as i do no want to regret it later on.

Well my choices are this Captiva or KIA Sportage..Both are diesel (at least diesel is the type i'm looking for). Both have their own design, and its own beauty, but if Captiva is not a problem, i might as well go for CAptiva.

Kindly advise.

Thank You.:wink:

The budget of Captiva..

Go for E39 5series BMW .. you wont go wrong!!! Better then Captiva many many times... spacious tooo

Bailey;275012 said:
hello mr aerwynah.........i bet u must be in the wrong car club lor ??????????? jes to remind u tat we r here bmw club ok, tq.............if u dont mind pls intro yrslf in the newbie section ok if u r still interested in bmw car ............forget abt chevvy but go for BMW

Isnt he in the "Other Makes" section? So you expect ppl to post about BMW in the "Other Makes" section as well? Weird... Hmmmm......

Frist of all go and intruduce your self at the newbie coloum first before you start asking question. This what you call plain rude.

let's put it this way... this is an online forum. He's not walking up to you and ask you a question. He's just posting a question. If you wan to be friendly and answer him. Then that's great. He did say Hello.... Some ppl prefer to be anonymous... then let them be.

just happened i test drove my neigbour captiva about an hour ago.

Well it's ok for me. The ride is firm and comfortable. The leather seats are a little to hard for me. 7 seater suv. space is good.

Engine is smooth and 5 speed gearbox is ok for me. 2L TB diesel is nice and it's torque enough to move. Handling, it's a SUV. So, don't expect much.

Looks, i think it's quite a handsome SUV. Nice gadgets. Dashboard is ok. Wish there are more detail lighthings i.e the steering wheel controls to be illuminiated.

So, it's ain't a X5 but it's 168K. worth to consider if you are looking at hyundai santafe, xtrail, crv, rav4, vitara or even kia.

I think Chevy would be a good contender for the sportage

Here we go again chicken and story.. all we want this newbies to do is very simple just intruduce yorself in the newbies section before he, she or shim start popping out Q in the open forum.

Yeah we want to be friendly to all the newbies and all the members. And we never want him, her or shim to reveal their identity. So what's so susah about yor own introduction...cheers and a Happy New Year to you all...

soho;275239 said:
let's put it this way... this is an online forum. He's not walking up to you and ask you a question. He's just posting a question. If you wan to be friendly and answer him. Then that's great. He did say Hello.... Some ppl prefer to be anonymous... then let them be.

Soho,

It seams that you have never introduced yourself anyway.... since joining 3.11.07

btw, welcome to the club...

and it seams that your perception about others advising others is unfriendly in your words and uncalled for in other threads...

If you can't take it, leave this forum...

so be nice, everyone here is friendly...

regards.

I think the Captiva offers excellent value. There aren't many true 7 seaters in the market, the other good 7 seater SUV is the XC 90.

Like it or not, the newbie introduction is something unique about this forum and its customary for newbie to just drop in and say a proper halo..

I guess we just try to uphold some Asian teaching/value pass down from our ancestor that "we shall not speak to a stranger.." :D

Look at it this way, once u have done a proper introduction, you will find more are willing to assist you in whatever you wish to learn. Saying Hello is important but a proper Hello is more important.

And soho does not show respect to the elders/seniors because I noticed he's new to this forum (less than 10 postings) and he's rude to our old timers (higher number of postings)... naughty boy!

The thing I don't like about Western culture is they seem friendly to u but actually they are keeping a close watch over their comfort zone, very secretive. They get offensive like how our new member has demonstrated early, regardless of who approach them. Looks like their parents fail to pass down to them some great Asian culture.. sad!

Well, to me, it wasn't very friendly the way redbaron told the guy he was rude for not introducing... u could have put it in a nicer way. Anyway, suit you guys. Glad some of you guys could help him out... cheers!

and tersoho? No idea with your gibberish malay.. Hmm, ok.

To the rest, Happy New Year!!

Yes I saw... we would expect the Hello is in the Newbie designated thread.. something unique about this forum.. just follow la.. why so offensive?

U r scolding some very senior member here. Both Bailey and RedBaron has posted thousands of posting (check post number under their ID) and do u notice their ID is blue color while urs and mine is Black? That means they have contributed couple of hundreds Ringgit every year to keep this forum running. Please don't be rude to them.. They might not be right 100% of the time but still they are our super senior and this is not a PUBLIC forum! Please get that right.. If there no BLUE member, we wouldn't be posting in this forum now..

Anyway... not my problem... trying to help too! Suite urself..

Now u sounded more like an Asian.. :D No hard feeling dude! Humble people will get to learn more! :top:

People nowadays.....

if we are all men (and women) who is an educated adult with proper etiquette and manners, who owns an UDM, we would go an introduce ourselves in the newbie thread, become an official member (to support the club as well as the forum), come to TT (so that people would know who you really are), and then start to post comments remarking on others...

I too wouldn't like if a newbie, with less than 10 postings (who had never introduced himself), to make comments when i have never met him/her at TT's, more so when he is just a forumer at a forum that is funded by the money of official members......

I can at least respect those forumers who has comed to TT's and even participated in club events......

as i said (welcoming newbie's):

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.....

COME TO TT TO BE WELCOMED TO THE CLUB......

p.s.: I don't even ask you to be a member....... but shouldn't you if you want to support the club and the forum for your own benefit and others......

even bro Astroboy has his own thread's though he's just a forumer...... I don't see anyone flamming him..... I do respect his postings though have never met him at TT's.....

just my 2 cents....... go and think........

and tersoho? No idea with your gibberish malay.. Hmm, ok.
For your in fo go and check in kamus dewan if you want to know what tersoho mean. It shows you suck in bahasa my friend. Hello without intro is rude, as QD and Astroboy says are very true. May bee you should come for TT soho than can discuss more.

Sounds like the long delay for me to join u all at ur Aman Suria TT is numbered too.. :D Running out of excuse..

Opps.... out of topic.. :D Soli..

Top Bottom