Car Tilted

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wllchan

Club Guest
Just realised my car is tilted to right hand side.The car height is lower by 10mm on Right compared to the left side. Measurement is done on the height of the wheel arch on four side.Is this normal? Will it affect the tyre balancing and thread wear?I assumed it can be re-adjusted?? Mine is 325 i Sports

wat i know from the previous posts that's normal on all types of BMW,the reason i forget already because when i know all its the same then i no bother it anymore.even my 325 also driver side lower then the passanger side mean not same height between the 2.

Well...I felt the car is a bit slanted - initially used my fingers to check on the gap between the wheel arch and tyre,

Then to confirm, I used tape measurement.

Anyway, the car is in the workshop now. They will do a complete check up to see the 'car up to spec'. Just sent the car in for 10K normal service.

It's normal for the driver's side to be lower in bimmers, but for you to be able to feel it, wow, that does not sound right.

racheltoh;343808 said:
wllchan 10mm is 1 cm. u can see the difference? wow

car nuts:stupid: like us spend hours just looking at our car's even while having a teh tarik...and yes we can tell the difference.... now thats ATD my friend...

cheers...:top:

danc;343899 said:
It's normal for the driver's side to be lower in bimmers, but for you to be able to feel it, wow, that does not sound right.

I thought it's the driver's weight which is causing the tilt???!!!

paulpaul2;343522 said:
wat i know from the previous posts that's normal on all types of BMW,the reason i forget already because when i know all its the same then i no bother it anymore.even my 325 also driver side lower then the passanger side mean not same height between the 2.

hi, im still a bit skeptical on this being a 'normal' thing wt our cars. there's nothing concrete to support this statement. the only reason i can think of is, that over time ur spring adopts to the weight of ur car, meaning more weight on 1 side most of the time refering to the driver... my 11 year old car is level until now and driving alone most of the time...

cheers...

My 320i is also slightly slanted to the right. What i heard is that thats the way the car is designed in Germany where its left hand drive i.e. when the heavy European driver sits on the left side of the car it will balance out. That's what i read somewhere. Didn't make sense to me when i read about it...but who cares. Our cars drive GREAT!

Mine is 7mm lower on the driver's side.. :( How? Maybe because of the weight of the steering column.. :rolleyes:

It is true, the height difference is about 10mm. I just got mine re-adjusted to ensure both sides have the same height (gave a bit of allowance since our cars are RHD).

Cheers

Put whose baby on the left seat...?

Baby as in babe...!!! hmmmmm that sounds familiar...

BlackE90;343980 said:
Put whose baby on the left seat...?

Baby as in babe...!!! hmmmmm that sounds familiar...

The baby is always the consequences if no protection. :wink:

Just came back from IA.

They told me the 10mm is within BMW specification and it may vary depending on how loaded is your fuel tank.

I do not believe this story...but can someone tell me otherwise?:eek:

They can just give u a simple answer..

"...that's because your battery is on the right side together with the steering column and they can't shorten the left spring because the spring rate will be different then, would u like to consider KW coilover?"

.. :D

KW V3 is THE ONLY solution to your 10mm difference....

Alternatively, put a babe in the passenger side....

Top Bottom