Can we make the E39 Angel eyes as bright as the F10/F30 angel eyes?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zib

Club Guest
Hi all,I am wondering if this is possible. At the moment changing to a 10W LED bulb won't cut it and it is barely visible during the day which makes it useless as DRL (day running light) ala the F10/F30.I came across this http://www.mudah.my/BMW+H8+10W+CREE+LED+Angel+Eyes-17513739.htm but states it only works with the E90 Lci or similar...which shows it is as bright as the F10/F30 DRL.Thanks for any ideas.Cheers

Changing bulb won't do it. You need to put a ring of LEDs behind the current angel eyes. Yazmeen can install for you...

haywire;770753 said:
Changing bulb won't do it. You need to put a ring of LEDs behind the current angel eyes. Yazmeen can install for you...

err..sorry haywire, I don't quite get this. How to put a ring behind the current angel eyes? AFAIK all post 2001 E39s came with angel eyes.
Maybe this is applicable to pre-FL E39 without AE?

And can this still be as bright as the CREE Led used in the F30/F10s?

Cheers..

Few of the E39 has done it. Basically the existing angel eyes is a type of fibre optic, what you do is put another ring of LED behind this. The new LED will shine through the original angel eyes, so it doesn't look weird or aftermarket. When the angel eyes are turned off you dont see the LED behind.

haywire;770827 said:
Few of the E39 has done it. Basically the existing angel eyes is a type of fibre optic, what you do is put another ring of LED behind this. The new LED will shine through the original angel eyes, so it doesn't look weird or aftermarket. When the angel eyes are turned off you dont see the LED behind.

But I suppose it will not be as bright as the F10/F30 ones.

Read somewhere that the CREE Led will make the angel eyes as bright as the F10/F30. Has anyone tried it?

Where can I buy a CREE Led in KL which can fit post-2001 E39?

Thanks.

I guess you haven't seen Bimmerholic's ride. I think his LED angel eyes are even brighter that his main beam at night.

for the normal job, it may take few hours to a day, depends on what u want my macha..call me lah :)

YaZmEeN;773819 said:
for the normal job, it may take few hours to a day, depends on what u want my macha..call me lah :)

Johnj wants to install LEDs blinking lights underneath the front and rear doors. Plus LEDs angel eyes for headlights.

hahahaha..herbert...bling bling...

Meen...ooops...yalah should call you....hehehe

YaZmEeN;773819 said:
Yazmeen E90 pula macam mana?
any solution?

E90 cannot open the panel..so u can only change the bulb bro...

Herbert;773835 said:
Johnj wants to install LEDs blinking lights underneath the front and rear doors. Plus LEDs angel eyes for headlights.

how does that work? the LED blinking lights... any visuals to check out? sounds interesting

haywire;772000 said:
I guess you haven't seen Bimmerholic's ride. I think his LED angel eyes are even brighter that his main beam at night.

Hahahahaha... sounds like mine as well. My angel eyes definitely way brighter than my headlights.

Top Bottom