Buying automotive accesorries from overseas

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ramsing;494076 said:
wahh..bayaa, expert dy on customs clearance :top:

if big items, be prepared for some fast talking or pay duty. small items u can usually escape, but the invoice amount has to be under RM500. if more, then 1Malaysia starts to happen......:eek:

I see. Like that then I have no incentive to have them shipped here. Since I have friends in HK and SG, then I might as well have it shipped to them, then either they bring over to me or I come and collect since I go to HK & SG as well as they come over to KL quite often. My friend in SG told me he didn't get taxed (except for GST) when he bought rims, spoilers, etc.

fabianyee;494111 said:
from what I know, marine engine parts don't get taxed... ;) act like a fisherman to get the parts from customs.. hahaha...

that was 5 yrs back larr bro ..these days they will let you act like what you wanna be ..jacky chan ka , bruce lee ka .... but when they open the their eyes and check ...hmmmm you'll get fished !!

ramsing;494099 said:
i think because you look like kali muthu laaa...the few times i went, only one guy attended to me. the rest were drinking their tea...maybe because i wore my torn singlet with my 20 yr old shorts. :D

i follow your advise larrr ..wore pagoda singlet / selipar jepon ...arm pits with bulu and chest hair silver in colour also they can smell you lorrr ...apparently they can google on the spot to see the items if you wanna fool them ...:)

when your friends get it in Singapore, do you install them in Malaysia? Because if so, still kena tax when they pass the causeway right? Same applies if sent to HK. Or are you planning to ship your car to HK, install there and bring back? :D

affan66;494131 said:
when your friends get it in Singapore, do you install them in Malaysia? Because if so, still kena tax when they pass the causeway right? Same applies if sent to HK. Or are you planning to ship your car to HK, install there and bring back? :D

Items are small, can easily carry them back to KL in my hand carry luggage ;) For large items, if I wouldn't bother unless I was already planning to drive to SG, in which case I would get them installed there.

no matter how small, they can detect that you got money stamped on your forehead.. sure kena tax :p

fabianyee;494113 said:
and asking for 'test drive' too....
test drive is free, but they cannot afford the downpayment. heheehe

ICEMAN 13;494130 said:
i follow your advise larrr ..wore pagoda singlet / selipar jepon ...arm pits with bulu and chest hair silver in colour also they can smell you lorrr ...apparently they can google on the spot to see the items if you wanna fool them ...:)

your items a bit susah to hide la, u go bogel also they will still tax one. coz that one u cannot bluff say fisherman use one.

that's y the invoice or receipt stuck on the package makes a difference. if the person who u buy from can put a general description and/or reduce the declared value, then easier to bluff one. some co's are very strict on this, then no choice but to put some ghee in the back hole b4 going to collect the goodies at customs.

I once cleared some 2 sticks of cams with no tax. They asked me open, and I took it out and gave some grandmother grandfather story. In the end, ramsing pusing until line clear. hehehe

Wah! So mafan meh? I want to import dildos how?! declare as back ache massager? :eek:

ramsing;494144 said:

that's y the invoice or receipt stuck on the package makes a difference. if the person who u buy from can put a general description and/or reduce the declared value, then easier to bluff one. some co's are very strict on this, then no choice but to put some ghee in the back hole b4 going to collect the goodies at customs.

I once cleared some 2 sticks of cams with no tax. They asked me open, and I took it out and gave some grandmother grandfather story. In the end, ramsing pusing until line clear. hehehe

shhhhssss to many stories in one day is not good for health ....keep it for rainy days ....

ramsing;494144 said:

an australian company even emailed to tell me that they included a receipt for AU$200 with the shipment, instead of AU$1,200 actual cost. and i didn't even request for it! talk about first class customer care :top:

aiya... so many ways, so many styles..... i bluff you, you bluff them, then both get taxed !!!

actually, what's all said by all the import sifus here, is true.. everyone to each style, way of bringing it in..

i used to bring stuff with botak in boxes of which DHL or my agents in vans and lorries..right to my door step..

er, the agents do the clearing with customs.. they are very good at it, can haggle somemore..

mizhan;494016 said:
most of the items i purchase off ebay (UK, US, Germany).

I know this one is an old post but i could not help myself when you said ebay Germany.

Last time i did a search on German ebay, i got 14,000 hits for e32 alone.

I managed to locate 99.9% of all parts that i am looking for, but did not place any orders as i couldn't quiet figure out if seller willing to send to MY (when most US and Australian sellers are reluctant and i don't quiet speak German fluently). Another thing to consider is cost of shipment. Care to share?

you need to be specific on what E32 part you're looking for. when browsing ebay.de you need to type in german i.e. E32 heckspoiler, not E32 rear spoiler; or auspuff instead of exhaust. you'll get a dozen hits each.

i bought rims, spoilers & badges from there.

use this:
http://translate.google.com/#

Top Bottom