BSRI & Warranty Extension to 5 Years

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mm8

Hi all BMW Owners,

I am thinking of getting a 320i and was enquiring with both Quill and Ingress Auto on the availability of extended warranty. They have both come back to me to say that it is possible to extend the BSRI from 3 to 5 years and at the same time this extends the warranty of the vehicle from 2 to 5 years. The additional cost to this would be RM 8,500. I would like to find out from all the sifus here whether this is true or not. I have asked for further clarification and they have confirmed that by paying the additional 8.5k, I have no worries from a servicing and warranty perspective. The only thing that is not covered are the tyres and alignment.

Please advise. Thanks.

It's like buying insurance. It's always good to have insurance.

Scenario 1: after the 4th year, engine seized and gearbox kaput. You say "damn I should've gotten that RM8,500 deal." May happen. You never know.

Scenario 2: after the end of 5th year, nothing happens. Will you say "damn I should've kept the RM8,500"? Highly unlikely you will say that.

Thanks for the response but my intention was always to get the extended servicing and warranty. My question is:
Are they telling me the truth that by extending the servicing, you will also extend the warranty to 5 years (to me the warranty is more important than the servicing). If this is true then it will be worry free motoring for the next 5 years as everything will be covered for. My concern was that the additional 8.5k was only covering the servicing (which in my opinion is not worth it on its own) and not the warranty.
That is why I am asking if anyone here can confirm this. Also a warranty means an actual warranty right and will cover eg. any electrical, sensor, mechanical & engine problem? Thanks

I asked my SA from Quill and he said its just extended BSRI and not extended warranty. The extended BSRI is only for additional 2 years since they already give 3 years.

That means two of the SA have given me false misrepresentation then. Well I have asked them to provide what they have said in black and white from their service centre to confirm this. I will wait for that first.

Thanks

While I recently got the F30 328i, enquired about BSRI. Apparently I was told by Ingress you can still decide to purchase the 5 years/100000km extension anytime before the standard 3 years/60000km is due. The coverage is certainly not as comprehensive as the factory warranty. I'm contemplating to purchase the extension too. Would appreciate those who made the decision to extend out of your own pocket to share why you made the decision to purchase.

As the current batch of F30 comes standard with 12000km service interval in idrive, that means additional 3 service jobs included with the extension. It appears those with earlier batch of longer service interval, will enjoy less service job with the extension altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additional 2 years of BSRI is not worth RM8,500. Unless there is something terribly wrong with the car, I don't think an F30 owner will spend that much on oil service.

Fadhlan said:
Additional 2 years of BSRI is not worth RM8,500. Unless there is something terribly wrong with the car, I don't think an F30 owner will spend that much on oil service.
Thanks for your input. Yes I concur if this is solely oil change / scheduled service. Considering elements of "repair and limited warranty on critical component", is rm8500 still worth to go for additional 2 years extension?
Looking from another perspective, does having 2 years additional BSRI increase your resale value down the road (considering car is still under 5 years and below 100000km at the point of reselling)?

pchan1 said:
Thanks for your input. Yes I concur if this is solely oil change / scheduled service. Considering elements of "repair and limited warranty on critical component", is rm8500 still worth to go for additional 2 years extension?
Looking from another perspective, does having 2 years additional BSRI increase your resale value down the road (considering car is still under 5 years and below 100000km at the point of reselling)?

Bro, i was told by my SA that BSRI covered everything like warranty...not sure this is true or not...

pchan1 said:
I'd still like to know which limited warranty on critical component though.

Looks like different SA are saying different things. If it's true that the additional BSRI would cover warranty as well, wouldn't it be advertised on BMW website? Unless the extension is given by dealer.

Duke, which branch told you that?

Benefits of BMW Service + Repair Inclusive at a glance:

- Change of engine oil (not including top-ups).
- Service / replacement of air filters, microfilters, spark plugs, brake fluid.
- Brake pads, front and rear.
- Brake disc, front and rear.
- Clutch (worn only).
- Windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance.
- Vehicle check and standard services as set out in BMW service booklet in owner's documentation
(chapter : Maintenance summary, Vehicle check).
- Repairs beyond warranty covered during programme period.
-
Valid at any BMW Authorised Service Workshop, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000km.
-
Transferable to your car's next owner, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000km.

This is how BSRI is put together in BMW website. If any of you have the actual "contractual terms and condition" for the bsri and bsri extension, kindly share.

My experience from previous E90 ownership, I managed to claim rear drive drive axle during the 3rd year, effectively out of factory warranty but within 60000km/36 months. My understanding from SC this is filed under "goodwill warranty" during BSRI.

JoeKenzoM said:
I'd still like to know which limited warranty on critical component though.

Looks like different SA are saying different things. If it's true that the additional BSRI would cover warranty as well, wouldn't it be advertised on BMW website? Unless the extension is given by dealer.

Duke, which branch told you that?

Brother PC...I concur with you about the T&C in BMW BSRI but as far as I understand our car should be warranty by SC because there is a statement called "Repairs beyond warranty covered during programme period" unless my understanding is wrong...

Now that I have completed my BSRI, I feel sometimes it might be worth the amount.

Duke1316 said:
Brother Mavik, mind to share with us on your experience with BSRI?
Personally BSRI is great, you don't have to pay for stuff when you bring your car in for servicing. And after your warranty but still under BSRI, sometimes the SC will help you claim faulty parts especially those which are manufacturer defects. But if you look at it in the long term, brake discs, brake fluids, engine oil, fuel filter, oil filter plus all the other things can easily add up.

For example, I know some folks are still more comfortable sending their cars to the SC after BSRI. One example is a member here who just recently posted sending his 320d to the SC after BSRI for service and it costs RM900+. So if you are the type that want to go back to the SC all the time, then I guess it does make sense.

Top Bottom