Break In service?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
Just curious, when did you guys do the first servicing for your beloved F10. I know the trip computer says first service is 11k But M cars used to have the first break in service at 1k like many JDM. Furthermore, after my brief research online, Some says manufacturer use different engine oil ( more viscous) initially as they dont know how long the car going to be in the port or storage for Mine is May 2011 Production and just touched 1 k after 3 weeks of driving. Have already booked my appointment for an oil change next week. and the manufacturer engine oil has been sitting in for 5 months now After the E60 experience, I will service my car more like JDM service schedule. Dont really believe in servicing every 15k km as I evidently seen the amount of oil sludge in my ex E60 which was company maintained and service with BMW on schedule. whats your view on this?

I'm not sharing with you online on what I don't want the SC to know.. :p As far as public info is concern, all my oil change is as per on-board computer recommendation.. :4:

When TT, lain cerita.. :48:

Haiya.. if company maintained car or if you can afford it, change oil at SC frequently la.. For break-in, best at 1k km, 5k km and 10k km.

Mine is PI car, so not sending back to SC, gonna do all my servicing outside.

Ex E60 was a company car which I bought over at a dealer..

Me not so fortunate to have a Company to provide me a ride.. have to use hard earned money to buy my dream mobile

Bro, can PM me your Recommended oil change interval?

ck318ci;677690 said:
Mine is PI car, so not sending back to SC, gonna do all my servicing outside.

Ex E60 was a company car which I bought over at a dealer..

Me not so fortunate to have a Company to provide me a ride.. have to use hard earned money to buy my dream mobile

Bro, can PM me your Recommended oil change interval?

Told u already ma.

AT 1k km, 5k km, 10k km, then +10k km lor. The first 3 service should get rid of the break-in debris if any.

For turbo cars, it's even more demanding for the oil and oil change interval should reduced to not more than 8k km.

:48:

.. PI car need break-in meh?! So low mileage ka?!

Bro, me bought the car in Sg and using it here la...

PI car can save 20-30k depending on model and spec.
But cannot go back to Authorised dealer for servicing.
Need to pay 30k SGD for adoption fees...

Thi is quite common in SG for all PI cars ... As for MY, subjective. But I know that as long as BMW from PI, Local BMW will not service ........

so I cant bring my car to Ingress auto for servicing?
if I bring the car home during holiday?

Servicing is quite reasonable. Just serviced Mom's E90/ routine oil service was charged 270 Ringgit

ck318ci;679642 said:
so I cant bring my car to Ingress auto for servicing?
if I bring the car home during holiday?

Servicing is quite reasonable. Just serviced Mom's E90/ routine oil service was charged 270 Ringgit

So cheap?! :13:

I am sure Ingress will service your F10. Give them a call and enquire first.

Called up IA. they dont want to entertain and directed me to AB
AB says I need to bring the car with relevant documents. Get it inspected and checked at their place, Registration about 500 Ringgit.
Then I can service with them as per others.
Way better than 30k SGD if I need to register with PML, Sing

Pass 4700km and getting worried as no break in service yet. According to idrive the oil service due only in another 4000km. Decided to go TS Ipoh to get oil changed at my own costs. When the friendly Service Adviser put my car key into the computer reader he says I am entitled to change oil and filter and wiper blades free as it is due! What a surprise when the car's computer shows another 4000km to go. Bros who have more than 5000 km on the clock but have not had oil and filter changed should get their car checked to see whether entitled to free oil and filter change yet.

Kht;686055 said:
Pass 4700km and getting worried as no break in service yet. According to idrive the oil service due only in another 4000km. Decided to go TS Ipoh to get oil changed at my own costs. When the friendly Service Adviser put my car key into the computer reader he says I am entitled to change oil and filter and wiper blades free as it is due! What a surprise when the car's computer shows another 4000km to go. Bros who have more than 5000 km on the clock but have not had oil and filter changed should get their car checked to see whether entitled to free oil and filter change yet.

Huh??? mine idrive said that i have another 2k more for service, i can actually go and ask for a service??? i usually put my key fob in my pocket so the key fob has no update on what so ever... so the service center people just follows what the idrive system tells them... how come there is actually so much of different???

willie;686172 said:
Huh??? mine idrive said that i have another 2k more for service, i can actually go and ask for a service??? i usually put my key fob in my pocket so the key fob has no update on what so ever... so the service center people just follows what the idrive system tells them... how come there is actually so much of different???

I also keep my key fob in my pocket but was surprised that the key contained all my car data including mileage. Just drop by your SC and check. Maybe it's time for your 1st service as yours is an oil burner too.

Top Bottom