Brands Hatch A1 GP & Brazilian F1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
This weekend would be the first race of the season for the A1 GP and could be the weekend for Alonso to wrap up the Driver's Championship title... It's gonna be a rather interesting weekend for motorsport fans... Wonder how interesting would the A1 GP be.. hmmm

:D yeah man!! can't wait for the A1 GP.going on tomorrow right?? so if its at Brands Hatch,they'd probably start at say 1930hrs local time??

my last landing tomorrow nite will be 2235 local time so no chance for me to watch it live lah!! dang!!! gotta wait for the repeat la.

as for F1,i've already stopped following it..waiting for next year's..

eh, i just did a search at astro website, it seems that it will show on star sport on tuesday, at 1230 and 1330, then on thursday at 1530, 1630.... i am not sure why the timming like that, a bit wierd........

The A1 race has just been broadcasted on ASTRO 82.. Nelson Piquet Jnr won the Sprint race and the Feature Race. So that 20 points for the Brazilian team plus 1 extra point for the fastest lap in the Feature Race bringing the total points collected by the Brazillian team to 21....

Malaysian Team finished 5th in the Feature Race, not sure though how the M'sian team did for the Sprint Race. Alex Yoong drove in the Feature Race, he shud be the same driver for the Sprint race too..

For this weekend, ASTRO started the broadcast at 6.30pm, showing the delayed telecast for the Qualifying, then the Sprint Race and Live Telecast for the Feature Race...

sprint race Malaysia finish 13th with fairuz Fauzy at the wheel, from this first race it looks like this A1 GP thingy got potential quite interesting except for the qualifying bcos dont have live timing like F1 got to wait for commentator to announce the timing.

there's definitely a lot of room for improvement... certainly a good start with almost no performance gap amongst all the cars. so it's down to suspension set up and the driver's skill....

Nelson Piquet jr seem to be following NP Snr's footstep, we'll see if he goes into F1 in the near future...

Another thing I noticed, the on board camera got no anti-shake ah??? .. it was vibrating a lot more compared to those fitted on the F1 cars..

Added: 1st race aledi got car doing barrel roll... heheh.. the Lebanese car turned turtle when he 'closed the door' on the Italian car. his rear right wheel went over the front left wheel of the Italian car and sent it up the air. That guy is certainly not experienced in doing that. and during the 'roll-over' his hands were up on his helmet instead of on his chest. and bcos of this, the his brushed the visor and the visor remained open as the car flipped... but in the end he walked away uninjured. Real life A1 GP car crash-test.. hahaha

With a 3rd place finish for AF, provisional results showed that he's the youngest F1 champion..... Kimi has to be contented for being second, both in the race and the championship...

However, McLaren is now leading the Constructor's championship with a narrow 2 points lead... with 2 more races to go, we'll see if the current strong form of McLaren would sustain.

The top end of the A1 field looks the business, though Nelson Piquet Jnr clearly looks a class above all the rest. The middle pack & below looks not much different from some of the my-kart races here!

I think Nelson Piquet Jnr will be in an F1 car soon - he clearly has the skills and the right backing - Nelson Piquet as his dad and Emerson Fittipaldi as his team principal!

Saw it last night but find it a bit confusing... Need to get used to the ruling... tyres do not have the 4 grooves as in F1..

4 boost of extra 30 hp for overtaking....

It was a nice Sunday nite to catch A1 and F1 back-to-back. I thot Alex did very well to work his way thru the field and secure 5th. He was 4th at one time until New Zealand driver overtook him. Can't say the same for Fairuz. Why did Alex drive both stints? Who's supposed to be the main driver for Malaysian team? I'm glad for Fernando but next year gonna be open war again!!

Will there be any significant changes to the F1 R&R next year (other than the V8 engine)?

This year's engine ruling has cost Kimi the World Title as he is clearly the best driver on the grid and if not (a BIG IF) for the reliability issues, he would probably be far ahead of Alonso. I personally feel, the rules have taken out the excitement from F1...and using a V8 would further reduce the excitement, all in the name of safety and reducing cost?? :blink:

I find the A1 much more interesting.... Cars are same... it's down to setup and skill of driver

heck, even the pitstop is entertaining as the mech cant be on the apron before the car stops... then u see the mechs racing out to change tyres and what nots. the best part is 1 tyre - 1 mech oni.. :D

Yup, the concept looks good. If they improve their presentation further, they could seriously give F1 a run for their money :)

Top Bottom