A1 Talk

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
was the race more interesting than F1?
didnt catch the A1 race, but the qualifying was great....

A1 anytime more interestinglah...even though Im an F1 fanatic..

A1 is more bout skill and determination...f1 seems to be too cash driven nowadays...
f1 to me isnt the spectator sport it used to be...

darn proud to be malaysian man...

3 cheers for Alex and Malaysia...

hip hip hooray!

hip hip hooray!!

hip hip hooray!!!

Originally posted by tyke@Apr 3 2006, 07:15 PM
A1 is more bout skill and determination...f1 seems to be too cash driven nowadays...
f1 to me isnt the spectator sport it used to be...

darn proud to be malaysian man...

3 cheers for Alex and Malaysia...

hip hip hooray!

hip hip hooray!!

hip hip hooray!!!
Errr.... isnt A1 cash driven too???

Look at how improved the French car is, with all the $$ they won, they wrapped the championship with a few races to spare. Overall, they have been able to tweak their car better despite all cars having the same specs. So isnt this $$ at play??

Look at Team Malaysia, and how miracluously they become better, and that started when the $$ came in??

Racing is all about $$, and its used to improve the car, so dont matter if u r good racer, if yr car cant perform, u get nothing. Remember M Schumacher last F1 season???

F1 or A1 is all about racing, and the racing technologies that goes into making the car more efficient and have more pace, and lasts longer. Driver skills is also a consideration, but i am more inclined to think of the car performance contributing more to the race results than the driver. Other elements like pit stop and fuel strategies contributes too, and not to mention luck.

All in all, they are all about the entire team, not just the driver nor the car.

Errr.... I was watching A1 and F1 back to back on free-to-air TV on Sun midnite....... I could swear that F1 is more racier with more overtaking and pace, while most A1 cars drive like in formation lap...... I ended up watching mostly F1..... my opinion....

Still, kudos for Alex Yoong and Team Malaysia for scoring 5th position, and for making us known in the last race.

Originally posted by scin@Apr 6 2006, 07:12 AM
Money or no money.... he DID us proud!
well said scin...

anyway i find A1 more interesting due to the fact tht its a 1 make series and the race is based more on driver and team effort...

XXX, 5201, you guys are right to say that money plays an important role. It helps the teams when money is pumped in as they can do more aerodynamics testing and research into the other areas that they can 'tweak' to increase their car's performance.

If I am not mistaken, there are a few teams that were supported by Renault in the A1 series from mid race and France is one of them. The assistance and research and testing facilities provided truly helped them.

Team M'sia also showed some improvement when Proton stepped in to assist, didn't think that would have been a good thing but they did things right this year.

Lets all hope that the year to come will bring about a better (not that I expect them to be first but it would be nice of they showed more strength from the beginning) result or a more challenging race for us to watch.

I'm looking forward to the first race...

A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Circuit Park,Zandvoort, Netherlands
Practice : Friday 29 September 2006
Qualification : Saturday 30 September 2006
Race : Sunday 01 October 2006
Race times GMT : Sprint race 14.30 GMT
Feature race 15.00 GMT

yahoo.... will update when I get the whole season's calendar!!

Top Bottom