Brakes problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ahmadanuar

Club Guest
Got problem with brakes where when braking, the paddle become hard & the brakes not gripped. Checked with workshop & found booster pump for brake not functioning properly. (Please refer attached foto, not sure if the part's name is correct or not). Changed the parts & the brakes is functioning better but not smooth & soft. Still hv alittle bit hard when i stepped on the brake paddle. Got to check brake servo later.
Booster pump for brakes- 820rm
Labour-40rm
Kluang Johore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 8
hi Bro

What is ur car model bro, i had a similliar happenings, what i did was i bleeded out my old brake fuilds and put in new fluids, change front brake pads, change disc as it is warn out and also did the front caliper service.
the damage i forgot but i remember the repair kit is rm 120 for both front calipers

sharizat said:
hi Bro

What is ur car model bro, i had a similliar happenings, what i did was i bleeded out my old brake fuilds and put in new fluids, change front brake pads, change disc as it is warn out and also did the front caliper service.
the damage i forgot but i remember the repair kit is rm 120 for both front calipers
Bro, sorry for late reponse. My car e46,2005, the w/shop guy told me tht the booster pump for the brakes (please refer attached photo at the first comment coz im not sure the part's name is correct or not) already worn out n got oil seal leak. That pump itself attached to the engine. Engine oil can leak n ingressed into it. This pump is assisting the diaphgram at brake servo for the brake which make the brake soft when u stepped on the paddle. Mine was worn out oledy ( u can see when u dismantle the pump). The leaked oil can go to the brake servo which coz the diaphgram exposed to oil n then make it not functionally well. He told me tht dis both parts usually get problems together. Thts what he told me. Im deeply apologize if i'm giving wrong infos to u. So hows ur car's brakes condition now? Can u share whts ur w/shop guy at ur place said?

All,

Am experiencing this brake issue here. Mine is during heavy traffic especially when you need to press for a long period of time. Later, when uplift the paddle and immediately press again, it feels kinda of hard and non responsive. Quickly have to push gear to N and later it works.

One mechanic said that it is the servo and upon reading yours is another and our friend said bleeds the brake fluids.

Anyone experience, please share the solutions.

Top Bottom