Brake Dust Repellant

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

buzzlie

Club Guest
Just saw the above at a DIY shop. Spray type, all you have to do is spray on your rims. It will minimised the brake dust. Anyone tried this? What's your feedback?

..its crap! uesd the one by Prestone and not mistaken turtle both crap..

These brake dust are very stubborn. Even wax can't remove them.. spent sometime today using my Soft99 on my 17" type 158 rim and not happy with the result. Afraid to use rim cleaner spray, which works wonder with instant effect to melt the brake dust and tar stuck on the rim. Are they corrosive?

What do u meant by brake dust repellent? So brake dust repel and would stay on the rim? or just make it easier to clean the rim?

Nothing beats by waxing the rims and then having them wash often. Brake dust is the tread mark of good brakes. It also shows if you do quite a few hard braking as well. :p

SarJeePekAi;524876 said:
Which DIY shop, and what brand is the brake dust repeller item?

Under Simoniz. It claims that by spraying, will minimize the brake dust from sticking on the rims. RM15 per bottle, hands start to itch oledi to try it.

bro,for rm15 ,get it and post back for the updates on the effectiveness .....i have reached the stage of NOT wanting to use my brakes for fear of coating the wheels with dust............he he

moots;525016 said:
bro,for rm15 ,get it and post back for the updates on the effectiveness .....i have reached the stage of NOT wanting to use my brakes for fear of coating the wheels with dust............he he

Me too, hahh..try to NOT press the brake pedal always..

astroboy;524968 said:
These brake dust are very stubborn. Even wax can't remove them.. spent sometime today using my Soft99 on my 17" type 158 rim and not happy with the result. Afraid to use rim cleaner spray, which works wonder with instant effect to melt the brake dust and tar stuck on the rim. Are they corrosive?

What do u meant by brake dust repellent? So brake dust repel and would stay on the rim? or just make it easier to clean the rim?

If ur rims r painted u should be able to use a All Purpose Cleaner to clean. Caution with stronger rim cleaners/degreasers. They are very acidic and can damage chrome, anodized or unpainted rims.

Can also clay the rims, polish with normal/metal polish (depending on the material of the rims) and seal wig sealant or wax. It's important as it will make it easier to clean the next time.

Me worse ... come to the extend of pulling my handbrake instead of the normal braking, heheheee.

Will buy it the next time I go that place again. Actually it is up on the Sungai Buloh overhead R&R area. Drop by to eat at Burger King and later did a quick window shopping at the DIY shop. You guys better donate me RM10 each if my rims start fading, peeling, etc after using the spray.

one sure way of getting out the stains is using autosol.
of coz pls dun rub like theres no tommorow lah!
guaranteed removal.
they say it even removes acid rain marks on windscreen.

i tried this couple of months ago
with tar remover... good
http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/11/thanks-seech-for-being-so-thoughtful.html

as for simple repellant u may try onr,
P1050372.JPG

so far, i'm happy with turtle wax wheel cleaner. Also comes with a brush. Very easy to use and cleans very well too.

XXX;525220 said:
Carrefour & Giant also gotlah....

Thanks Bro. Will try there. Cannot tahan with the dust anymore. As a precaution measure for my 15 year old car, will try on my wife's brand new car first.

Top Bottom