how to keep wheels clean???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
No short cuts lah still gotta clean properly. Treat it a exercise lor. But once a while if lazy can lah send to petrol station car wash. Ask them wash rims cukup body tak payah or else scratches all over.

jarance;820090 said:
Have anyone wonder why the rear side have less brake dust as compare to the front wheels?

hi unker....so yr eml issue sorted?
during braking ,weight is transferred 70% front and 30% rear.that is why we change the front pads almost 3 times more than the rears and the reason the rear brake discs are smaller in diameter.

me thinks the quality of pad determines the dust level.my livina ori pads(rm350) hardly dusts and kenot see the rims blacking out at all.after i change to BENDIX brand(quite well known) but cheap at rm100....dust like crazee .

i donno lar but maybe if we put in ori BMW pads....dust much less?dont wan to try lar coz mahal giler.so i will live with the dust and clean the rims weekly lor.....

Moots, not yet lar. Need to do a bit more research and get help from other sifu around here.

I think the air vent on the bumper is also contributing to the brake dust as it blowing the cool air to the disc and at the same time the dust is blown out toward the rims.

For the rear there is no air vent. I have not wash my rims for 2 weeks now and my front rim is black and the rear is still "clean".

moots;820253 said:
hi unker....so yr eml issue sorted?
during braking ,weight is transferred 70% front and 30% rear.that is why we change the front pads almost 3 times more than the rears and the reason the rear brake discs are smaller in diameter.

me thinks the quality of pad determines the dust level.my livina ori pads(rm350) hardly dusts and kenot see the rims blacking out at all.after i change to BENDIX brand(quite well known) but cheap at rm100....dust like crazee .

i donno lar but maybe if we put in ori BMW pads....dust much less?dont wan to try lar coz mahal giler.so i will live with the dust and clean the rims weekly lor.....
i always have this thought that the more the dust the brake pads produce the better the brake performance. really have no idea why.

BenedictC;820237 said:
I use to use Sonax Full Effect. Then I got lazy, still have 2 bottles sitting at home. They are only washed when I send to the car wash. If I wash at home, I skip the wheels.

Alternatively, powder coat your wheels black or buy black wheel :)

Contrary to popular belief, black wheels are just as hard to maintain as lighter colours. The dust shows up as a brownish layer very quickly too. My brother's car has satin black wheels and it is hard to keep clean also.

Top Bottom