BMW Malaysia's Response to the B10 biodiesel fuel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I saw the bernama news too but unfortunately I am not the subscriber, can't access the full article.

Let's hope MAA can do something. It's weird that BMW Msia was silent over this after the recent B10 announcement.

Based on the Bernama article "exemptions will be given to Euro5" means that Euro 5 shall remain B7 ? I can with live with E5 if it remains B7. Can anyone confirm?

The only set back to the public will be the price tag if exemption were to be implemented, I believe quite some people will stick with Euro 5 B7. Anyway, I am mentally prepared.

Got this from paultan.org:-

“It was noted at the meeting that a few days’ test drive of a few diesel cars up and down Cameron Highlands does not constitute a robust trial. It would be ideal if MPOB could do a lab research in cooperation with the relevant auto makers,” said a source who attended the meeting
Now we know how these idiots conduct testing! One 2 way trip to Genting, sponsored by Sime Darby Plantation!

http://paultan.org/2016/06/20/b10-biodiesel-implementation-delayed-until-further-notice-inadequate-data-that-new-blend-is-compliant/

They should sponsor B10 Diesel and do 100k km test on :
1. Commercial vehicles such as busses and lorries
2. Pick up trucks
3. Industrial machinery (looking at a pre-defined number of operating hours)
4. Gen sets (looking at the pre-defined number of operating hours)
5. Lastly, the cars such as BMW, Ford, Audi, Mercs etc

make this study extensive and transparent. If it works well with no ill effects on these engines, no one can argue. They have to get manufacturers such as BMW to agree that it will not void the warranty. Then should not be an issue.

Even if they run 100,000km test, personally I still won't put a single drop of B10 in a modern diesel engine...the test is not conclusive nor exhaustive, plus nobody knows if they tampered with the results, too many unknowns on what will happen to a 200k-300k mileage engine...best is the Gov't would still remain the Euro 5 as B7 blend...I saw even run-down lorries and trucks fills in Euro 5

yup, how to get a fair and balanced analysis, if it is sponsored by the one that will lose the most for not implementing B10 or higher. Had a long debate about this with a friend from that co, people need to be given a choice.

Thanks satay1 for sharing the article.

"Fuel Service stations in three of Malaysia's highlands would be exempt from providing that 10 percent blend, and fuel stations selling Euro 5 grade diesel would be allowed to retail the current B7 blend. Malaysia has 18 biodiesel plants in operation with 2.3 million tonnes in annual capacity, the plantations and commodities ministry said. "

I was actually looking to buy F30 320D, but after this news I don't know I should go ahead or not. Haizzz!

I was told by SA that BMW MY not doing diesel vehicles anymore. They are going to focus on petrol hybrids. The recent x540e is their "first assault". Coming up next is 3er hybrid followed by x4 hybrid.

Btw I'm not anti diesel. My previous ride was e90 320d and drove that for 3 years. I think manufacturers are just reacting to govt policies and doing what they think is best for themselves and their customers over the long term.

Top Bottom