BMW F02 Steering Vibration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bon_tan

Club Guest
Hi to all Sifu,I just got my BMW F02 730li, when driving on highway or uneven road the steering vibrate and at some point you feel like you are losing control of the car. I bring it into AB and was told by service advisor that is a common f02 problem that until today they have no solution for it. Can any Sifu advice me as I am very upset with this setback of the f02.

Checked wheel alignments? Wear of tyres etc etc? Bent wheels? Try to trouble shoot the easier thing first. You would probably be aware in near future. A lot of AB's response will be the same old bull's excrement. Don't be upset by this. Bring it to a tyre shop and check

Bro,
Thank for Your advice, since my car is under warranty and couple week old should BMW warranty it, rather then me spending all this money to check by myself?

true. than you should ask them to check. If not alignment is no big issues, can be sorted cheaply rather than downtime and waiting..
Try Kee Hin at Old Klang Road and see, reputable workshop

last time when i was driving the E60, City driving as good and no vibration at all until One day I decided to take the car out of Singapore for a spin. Traveling at 110-120kph, The car vibrated quite violently... 100KPH and below is good. Came back to Sg and got it aligned and is all good, only couple of tens.

i read somewhere about balancing problem. the faster u go the stronger the vibration.

Sifu,

Just got my car back from TS penang. The service advisor did balancing on my wheel and said everything is normal now. But when I still can feel the vibration when driving, even my other car steering don't fee like this. Any advice?

if your car is under warranty . i would suggest that you make a big issue out of this since it is everything related to safety..
write in and name those irresponsible persons that you dealt with and complain right up to the local BMW big shots, and also email them to HQ.. These local advisors are a real pain, before you buy you get all the promises and when you bought them you are just a number..
After all you are paying for quality product especially F01/02 , expect no compromise. Why are you still living with such low
standard of service ?

Have you done road force balancing? I'm sure bigger tire shops offer this service.

i do agree however it is the balancing.. especially for the front..

Kee hin in Old klang road does that.. otherwise if you dun mind old school balancing (still the best one) you can check out ah hee tyre shop at sungain besi, or apc at corner of genting klang and sri rampai junction. they are the best so far

i do agree however it is the balancing.. especially for the front..

Kee hin in Old klang road does that.. otherwise if you dun mind old school balancing (still the best one) you can check out ah hee tyre shop at sungain besi, or apc at corner of genting klang and sri rampai junction. they are the best so far

Top Bottom