bmw engine coffee table

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
johnj;469468 said:
totally awesome man!! make sire u spray the pistons too!!

thank you very much!! piston has been sprayed like the engine block also.last step is to buy the sticky thing to put on the piston so the glass wont move.

kitt;469510 said:
I'm not sure.how to check?

If u didn't specify for tempered glass when you ordered it, it's probably not, since tempered glass is more expensive.. Tempered glass is more durable especially you're using it this way... Normal glass breaks more easily. It's ok if you rest the normal glass on top of a flat surface as the load is on the table surface and not on the glass itself. But for your coffee table, the load is on the glass. So it's safer to get tempered glass..
Especially so if you have kids in the house...

Hope this helps...

Toughened or tempered glass is glass that has been processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass. Tempered glass is made by processes which create balanced internal stresses which give the glass strength. It will usually shatter into small fragments instead of sharp shards when broken, making it less likely to cause severe injury and deep lacerations. As a result of its safety and strength, tempered glass is used in a variety of demanding applications, including passenger vehicle windows, glass doors and tables, as a component of bulletproof glass, for diving masks, and various types of plates and cookware.

fabianyee;469515 said:
If u didn't specify for tempered glass when you ordered it, it's probably not, since tempered glass is more expensive.. Tempered glass is more durable especially you're using it this way... Normal glass breaks more easily. It's ok if you rest the normal glass on top of a flat surface as the load is on the table surface and not on the glass itself. But for your coffee table, the load is on the glass. So it's safer to get tempered glass..
Especially so if you have kids in the house...

then confirm not tempered.i think in the future if the glass break i change to tempered la.:rolleyes:
this saturday everything will finish :D

kitt;469543 said:
then confirm not tempered.i think in the future if the glass break i change to tempered la.:rolleyes:
this saturday everything will finish :D

Then hopefully when it breaks, it doesn't injure anyone in the process... ;)

Maybe you tint the glass so if it breaks damage or injury is minimised.
Anyway awesome piece of art:top:

Top Bottom