BMW (E60) ownership experience survey. Please refer to note.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

funfer_fahrer

Club Guest
How do you rate your overall E60 ownership experience? Note: Very satisfied - Hardly gives any problem. Reliability as close as Japanese makes. No plans to sell the car. Satisfied - Only experience minor problems. Most of the problems can be solved easily. Never encounter problems that cannot be solved. Never experience any major problems. Somehow satisfied - Experienced both minor and major problems. Managed to find solution to these problems. Dissatisfied - Experienced both minor and major problems. Unable to solve these problems, or the problems keep on repeating. Very dissatisfied - Experienced both minor and major problems up to the point of becoming a slave to the car. No more BMWs after this. Enough is enough.

i think i vote for Somehow satisfied - Experienced both minor and major problems. Managed to find solution to these problems.... just got my car back! will see anything happen within two weeks. if nothing wrong then i still go for Somehow satisfied~ Otherwise, Very dissatisfied !

can't believe it myself. it broke down again. I have choosen VERY DISATISFIED from now on.

If some of you are shy, you can just participate by answering the poll question and nobody will know who you are.

bro,apsal lu buat survey ni?? nak beli e60 ke???(wink wink)..

i haven't given my vote yet cuz i've got some niggling little squeeks here and there..i've managed to solve some of 'em,haven't had time to actually tend to the others yet.but all in all,most are quite easy solves.i guess cuz mine is used/recond,those niggles are expected la.another problem that recently surfaced was the center cupholder,which had refused to pop-out.darn..

mechanically,the car is perfect thus far,apart from being starved of power that i'm accustomed to,the car has performed quite commendably under the circumstances.. tho i still crave more power.the 6speed gearbox does help,as proved by a little encounter that i had with an e46 325i a few weeks ago.lets just say with the weight penalty and all,the car did extremely well.

So far (touch wood!), am very satisfied. But still, ask me that again next year. Now I guess still in honeymoon stage when car seems to do nothing wrong. Of course, that is helped by the fact that I had nothing unexpected major happen to the car except for one horrible experience when car stalled because of faulty alternator. But I didn't hold it against the car because before I bought it, Ah Meng already told me this might happen. But *&&#^%#$ dealer did not do anything about it, just twiddle the cables here and there hoping problem would go away. So fault more with dealer rather than car.

And beauty of this car is that there is still a lot that can be done (e.g. accessorize, ICE). So I guess love affair will last quite a while yet! :D

alxy;322049 said:
So far (touch wood!), am very satisfied. But still, ask me that again next year. Now I guess still in honeymoon stage when car seems to do nothing wrong. Of course, that is helped by the fact that I had nothing unexpected major happen to the car except for one horrible experience when car stalled because of faulty alternator. But I didn't hold it against the car because before I bought it, Ah Meng already told me this might happen. But *&&#^%#$ dealer did not do anything about it, just twiddle the cables here and there hoping problem would go away. So fault more with dealer rather than car.

And beauty of this car is that there is still a lot that can be done (e.g. accessorize, ICE). So I guess love affair will last quite a while yet! :D

hmmm... alternator probs.been hearing a lot of it recently,so guys,watch out.had mine replaced already,but not before being stranded near a toll plaza with an almost flat battery,and it ain't fun nor funny!!.but then again,my car is 4yrs old so i guess its a given.

can people who owns E60 please share your comments here, after reading keekee's problem.... I really have to think twice about getting one in a few months time.

aaron77;322745 said:
can people who owns E60 please share your comments here, after reading keekee's problem.... I really have to think twice about getting one in a few months time.

brother dun think twice. dun even think abt bimmer anymore. sorry to say that guys ... really b4 i read alot cases from the forum but i told myself maybe just their luck so i decided not to buy camry but E60. and it happened to me also and twice for only 4 mths old. i really regret abt it. I just talked to my lawyer that i wanna get my money back fr S.A. Hopefully i can make it and go for other brands.

keeekeee;322766 said:
brother dun think twice. dun even think abt bimmer anymore. sorry to say that guys ... really b4 i read alot cases from the forum but i told myself maybe just their luck so i decided not to buy camry but E60. and it happened to me also and twice for only 4 mths old. i really regret abt it. I just talked to my lawyer that i wanna get my money back fr S.A. Hopefully i can make it and go for other brands.

IMHO it is not fair to put a blame on BMW. To me, Sapura is to be blamed here for having a bad damage control. BMW has been on business for years and I am sure they know what they are doing. Sapura is relatively new. Our forumer, Supergripen is driving an E60 also, his third Bimmer after E30 and E46. He has driven Honda Prelude and Subaru Sti in between but in the end he keeps on coming back to BMW. See the trend?

keeekeee;322766 said:

Don't think twice...It all right (Bob Dylan)

In all my driving experience, may it be with new cars or second hand (read -experienced or pre-loved) cars, I have to accept that sometimes I may be unlucky and get a vehicle that failed to perform as expected.

Many years ago I took on a new Volvo 240 SE. After driving for a while I experienced a problem where the car stalled whenever I slowed down and it happened most often at the traffic lights. After a few occasions the local Federal Auto finally resolved the matter and I later drove the car for a couple of trouble free years. I was told then that it had something to do with the fuel reservoir.

Then there was a Peugeot 405 SRI(A), Citroen and Toyota (Estima), and others. Then finally came the new 525i! That was slightly more than a year ago. True enough there was a slight problem, something to do with the Active Steering. The problem was attended to by the local dealer without any fuss. Having said all that, the driving experience with a BMW is something that is difficult to express but for that person to experience for her/himself.

When I first ever got my (then) new Peugeot, it was a quantum leap as far as driving pleasure was concerned, for me at least, over my Volvo. Citroen was of the same ilk. But Toyota Estima is another kettle of fish. Maybe it was a CBU, but a good driving experience nontheless.

And BMW? It is a pure thoroughbred of a different pedigree.

my e60 has been giving me small problems off and on...but i still love it coz no other car in its class have the driving fee like an e60...

when i encounter the problem i keep telling myself that i need to sell it off but after looking and test drive other makes...at the end of the day...still the e60 stays with me...hehehe

funfer_fahrer;322993 said:
IMHO it is not fair to put a blame on BMW. To me, Sapura is to be blamed here for having a bad damage control. BMW has been on business for years and I am sure they know what they are doing. Sapura is relatively new. Our forumer, Supergripen is driving an E60 also, his third Bimmer after E30 and E46. He has driven Honda Prelude and Subaru Sti in between but in the end he keeps on coming back to BMW. See the trend?

totally agree with funfer_fahrer...

u cannot expect to buy a beemer and get the reliability of a toyota or honda...if like that nobody will buy those japs make liau...:rock:

when you get yourself a state of the art technology and innovation which no other ppl has tested or experience with it...reliability is something in the gray area...pushing the parts to perform its maximum potential bounds to decrease the reliability...this is a known fact...but that is why we buy beemer for right...technology, innovation and performance...:top:

IMHO it is not fair to put a blame on BMW.Our forumer, Supergripen is driving an E60 also, his third Bimmer after E30 and E46. He has driven Honda Prelude and Subaru Sti in between but in the end he keeps on coming back to BMW. See the trend?

correction..my 4th bimmer.remember the e36 m3?

i've had hondas,alfa romeos,a proton(sigh!!) and even a subaru sti.all good cars in their own right but none has the balance of a bmw.when i say balance,i don't mean just the handling.a bmw is all about balance.. its fast but not excessivelyso,how smooth is the power delivery is.it doesn't brutally assault ur senses the way a subaru sti does.it handles great but also rides well,with superior comfort levels.a camry,an accord or even a lexus will never give u both,its either one or the other.well,u get the picture,right?

hence why i come back for more.. i tend to forgive little niggles,even the odd breakdowns cuz i know,at the end of the day,ringgit for ringgit,no other car can make me happy the way a bimmer can.believe me,i know...

BMW have the responsibility of their dealer. tats what i am understand. my staffs make mistake! im the manager kenal screw by the boss and cust.

keeekeee;323124 said:
BMW have the responsibility of their dealer. tats what i am understand. my staffs make mistake! im the manager kenal screw by the boss and cust.
This survey needs a little refinement.

CKD just isn't comparable to a CBU, the handling and build quality are the obvious problems with the CKD. I've had CKD 3 and 5 series in the past, and now, I will never buy another BMW unless its CBU. So my ownership experience rating are at odds given my past history.

aaron77;323683 said:
Does the E60 now comes with CBU as well ? I tot it only comes with CKD these days.
I'm referring to reconds or brand-new imports claimed as "second-hand".

No real warranty and unrecognised by BMW Malaysia, they're a risky investment. Don't get them from just any dealer.

Top Bottom